WANTED...Warm, Waterproof Gloves

Maesto's Girl

Visit site
Hi all

So, this morning I ended up going through 3 pairs of gloves after the rain managed to get all the way through so I am after a good pair of waterproof yard gloves for winter that are also lovely and warm. Does anyone have any recommendations? Happy to spend up to £40 for a really decent pair to carry me through the winter

Thanks all:)

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
I didn't rate Sealskinz - not sure if I got a Friday afternoon pair or not as didn't seem as waterproof as I thought they would be, and always seemed too bulky. I perservered with them for about 6 weeks and went back to my trusty Mark Todd Winter ones. Same price, but molded nicely to my hands (OH calls them my Things as they look like there is a hand in them when lying on the table), were warm and if I remember to apply Dubbin to them once a fortnight they stay waterproof. More so than the Sealskinz.

But I guess it comes down to preference :)

SEL

Visit site
I started to use my new Sealskinz gloves yesterday and by lunchtime had reverted back to my knackered old smelly gloves. I'm not sure whether I just need to 'break in' the new pair, but I found them really uncomfortable and my hands were definitely not warm.

Will have a look at Mark Todd.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
The mountain horse ones are on offer here http://www.equestrian.com/p/womens-...-waterproof-riding-gloves---adults/0713201ap/

I have had many pairs of the sealskinz gloves and they are lovely to start with but soon become dried out and stiff. They also split down the forefinger seam after a couple of months of heavy use. Every pair has done this for me. But they are lovely while they last. The mountain horse ones are synthetic and so don't stiffen, but the cut is not so good as the sealskinz.

Nugget La Poneh

Visit site
I have some of these but they are not waterproof. They also went really stiff. But like the sealskinz, they are lovely to begin with.

I found this with the first pair, but then a lady moved onto the yard and gave the tip about applying Dubbin on them regularly - keeps them soft enough for me and waterproof :)

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
For yard work I use snowboarding gloves...totally waterproof, can use them for fishing ice out of water troughs with no problem. Tkmaxx usually has a good selection. They are too bulky for riding though.

PorkChop

Visit site
I have Sealskinz, and much as I agree with the above comments they are the only ones that keep my hands warm and dry. I get very, very cold hands, and live in a cold place :) I will often use liners under them as well.

PorkChop

Visit site