Wanted

Bossanova

Visit site
Do you think I'm being too fussy??

I want- 15.1-15.3 chesnut 4-6yr old chestnut tb. Must be very, very cute, need not have any experience but preferably backed and reasonably sane. Must also have some vague potential to event and be as quirky as possible without being nasty/dangerous.

If anyone knows of anything that matches that description and is under 1k, please let me know!!!

seabiscuit

Visit site
Eek you just missed Cheekos sister which was sold for 400 guineas at Ascot the other week!
Am sure you'll find something soon though.
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
go to ascot sales in january you will probably get one off the track.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I thought, just so worried about soundness after last one.

seabiscuit

Visit site
PMSL just re read your description- would have fitted Forrest down to a tee!! Saw a half sister of his for sale a few months ago- looked like a twin Forrest! Are you very keen on the chestnuts then?!

teapot

Visit site
Know of a 13.2 chesnut - very green going? Any good? Do I hear a no?
shocked.gif

This for you J or a buy, bring on and sell type neddlet?

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly what you mean! I want another Forrest too
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm heartbreakers they are. Jazz wasnt amazingly talented and he was a right pain sometimes but I miss his cheek so, so much- you never had a boring day with him!!

lorenababbit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boss, if its stayed sound enough to stay in training til it was five its probably the soundest horse you will ever have!! even if it was slow.

Emily99

Visit site
Was going to suggest Ascot, went to their December one, and the prices just amazed me. Lil 3yr old mare we wanted sold for £480 or something stupid like that, long story with that one.. she was ours for 5 min then new owner decided not to sell... anyway some nice horses cheap. You just have to trust your instincts really. We went for a broodie so soundness didn't quite matter as much.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

boss, if its stayed sound enough to stay in training til it was five its probably the soundest horse you will ever have!! even if it was slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats v true. Shall have to drag myself along then!
Will have to order a catalogue, best not tell my parents
crazy.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Arh sounds like me... i just sold liberty this year because i couldn't stir her she was so out grown... Off to the sales next year.... Funny... Not interested unless its got her lines and colour oh and that cheecky little look! My horse now is a grey, i like other colours but i just have a fetish..... Every one for "cares" for me said a need to start looking at other types of horses and ponies
shocked.gif
mad.gif
grin.gif
But lucky mine isn't a thing like liberty, and im relising he never will. Maybe its better to get some thing totaly different because you can't replace them, not good to try and make a horse and another horse.....
crazy.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know exactly what you mean! I want another Forrest too
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm heartbreakers they are. Jazz wasnt amazingly talented and he was a right pain sometimes but I miss his cheek so, so much- you never had a boring day with him!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Snap..Just like Forrest! He was the ultimate cheeky comedian..

Think if you could aim for something that has been in training as a 3 year old rather than as a 2 year old that might make things a bit safer. I dont necessarily agree that if they have been sound until a 5 year old is necessarily a good indicator of future soundness....

Its all a lottery!
smile.gif

alfirules

Visit site
i know of a mare that fits that description almost perfectly accept shes for sale for £5500. if you want more details msg me.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i know of a mare that fits that description almost perfectly accept shes for sale for £5500. if you want more details msg me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid 1k is my absolute max for a horse like that!!

katiejaye

Visit site
wow sounds like my boy when I bought him...chestnut, 15.3hh TB x, very quirky, very agile and very very cute! Problem is he's 13 now! I would imagine it would be quite hard to find something though for under £1000. I didn't pay a lot for my boy as he was very green and young but not under £1000. U may have more luck with unbacked though.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
p.s your welcome to come and event him!

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldnt say things like to me- Louis is exactly the type I'm after, if you ever do want him evented, you know who to call!!

siennamum

Visit site
You really need to cultivate Steph, meet her at her uncles/cousins, they keep spares in the back garden when they don't want to send them to the sales. They are only down the road from you, you might be able to get one for next to nothing.....

LauraBR

Visit site
A girl at my yard bought a 15.3 rising 4yo mare for £500 in the summer- fits your description perfectly! Bought her directly from a race yard- lovely natured mare, just too slow for the track. Broken, lovely looking and actually pretty quiet although she wants some weight on.

Quite nicely put together too- cost £25k as a yearling. Don't know about her jump as shes not done any yet but conformation wise no reason why she shouldn't.

So it can be done!

BBs

Visit site
Echo Ascot Sales.
Theres where i got my 6 year old bootiful chestnut gelding from. He was quirky unfortunately didnt do jumping
smirk.gif
but he was the soundest horse i have ever owned!

Tempi

Visit site
not under 1k, but chris is selling her 4yr old chestnut gelding in the new year, hes fab safe as houses, jumps anything, will be going round a few intros at the beginning of the season with Gubby before hes sold on. But i have a feeling he will be quite a bit, shame as he wouldve been perfect, however i know what she paid for him to start with and it wasnt £1k!!