WAR HORSE

Cobi

Visit site
I would like to but dont think I could handle it, it would play on my mind for days!

Just looking at the poster ad makes me teary! :(

Theresa_F

Visit site
I attended a special preview in early December and both hubby and I did get through a fair few hankies.

I have seen the film, the theatre show and read the book. All are very good and slightly different but the story is the same, war is hell to man and animal alike.

nona1

Visit site
I've just booked tickets for me and OH.

I even chose those 2 seats that are in between the disabled wheelchair gaps so we are on our own and no one can see me sniffling!

Shantara

Visit site
I want to see it butwhat puts me off is the fact that the sound is always so loud in cnemas and it hurst my ears!

Glad I'm not the only who thinks this! I never listen to loud music and have only been to a few loud gigs (I usually go to nice World Music concerts, which aren't stupidly loud) so I'm not used to things that loud.

I wonder if I can refrain from crying :p
I've only cried at Bolt and Anastasia! (Why I cried at Anastasia, I will never know!)

Merlin11

Visit site
I would like to but dont think I could handle it, it would play on my mind for days!

Just looking at the poster ad makes me teary! :(

I feel the same as you. I want to see it but think it may result in a few sleepless nights thinking about all the awful things that happened to the horses. I get upset watching the trailer and the main horse looks like one of ours which makes it even worse! I also have a Welsh Cob and that breed were almost wiped out from WW1 as they were used to pull the cannons. My Welshie would have a fit if he had to work that hard! It doesn't bear thinking about. For anyone who has seen it do you see really awful things happening to the horses?

Doncella

Visit site
I would love to say yes, however I can't stand Spielberg and as an historian the inaccuracies would drive me bonkers.
Just look at the poster what is that bridle? Its not English and those flowing manes and tails would have come straight off.
Sorry that's just me the pedant.

Nannon

Visit site
OH has got me tickets for the play on our anniversary in april.. will be crying through that! Tears at the trailer lol realy want to see it but is it a good idea for me to see the film in public?!

RoobyDoobs

Visit site
I teared up at the trailer. Going to have to wait for the DVD to come out i think. I am exceptionally soft though.

Me too... Was at the cinema to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie a few weeks ago when the WH trailer came on... The tears rolled down my cheeks. Not sure I can do the whole movie without blubbing out loud!!! Will be very embarrassing for the OH and kids lol

hcm88

Visit site
Certainly not in the cinema, way too emotional. I blubber up at the adverts let alone the whole film! I would like to see it though so will probably rent/buy it on DVD when it comes out. I'm in no rush!