Warm/comfy boots for yard work for sore feet

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I have ankle problems, feet get cold and now have a lovely chill blain on the ball of my left foot.

Need a new pair of waterproof, warm and supportive boots. Am looking at the mountain horse classics as my last pair lasted me ages but before I get another pair I wanted to see what you guys recommended.

Can't really afford more than the classics due to horses keep breaking.

huskydamage

Visit site
I always wore dm's or combat boots but now have mountain horse boots i got last year they are really good i think! I would always get these now especially after i spent all day with a farrier nail stuck in mysole without realising till i got home.

Ella19

Visit site
I have ariat derwents. They are very reasonable at the moment as discontinued so selling for £120. Waterproof all the way up. Warm and comfortable. Red footbed to support arches and gel at heel and ball of foot.

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Mountain horse muck boots... I've got plantar facilitis and they are only ones I can wear without limping, they are warm, only upper ankle high but well comfy.. I have gell hells in mine..

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
I found a £20 pair of snow boot things. They are totally waterproof,really strong, lovely and farm with a fur lining and come up to about 2 inches shorter than a normal welly. Love them and they have a drawstring seal at the top so horses can't spit water down them!

Dubsie

Visit site
I've a pair of Dickies workboots, mens ones so they're roomy, they're steel toe capped, steel shanked so perfect for being trodden on, and are just above the ankle, but waterproof. They lace up quite high so are good and supportive round the ankle unlike wellies etc. I put gel insoles (Lidl/Aldi/Poundshop/Wilkies) for super comfort, and they are cheap! Zero VAT being safety boots.

mytwofriends

Visit site
Muck Boots too. Not sure the name of the model, but I have a green steel toed pair which also have achilles support, so super protective. Lovely and warm and I find no need for mulitiple socks!

soulfull

Visit site
The most important thing is to get some really good supportive insoles. The one that have arch support. Mine are made just for me, but my son uses scholl work ones. I too use mountain horse yard boots.
I need them to be supportive as had a bad ankle fracture, many surgeries later I had a replacement ankle joint. I also have rhuematoid arthritis. However I only lace them up to below the top 2 holes on my bad foot lol. Use these boots everyday down the yard and so far 3 yrs old. I did have new heals put on as I wear them uneven, and that's not good for me