Warm, waterproof yard boots?

Daniel_Jack

Visit site
I know this has been done to death but my poor toes are in need!

I suffer badly from cold feet and chilblains and since purchasing my new horse in the middle of winter I’m struggling!

I normally wear a pair of trusty Dunlop wellies - not warm but the only boots that have never leaked (until now because I stood on a nail :()

Looking for recommendations to replace them - would prefer to spend around £50 to £75 max if it’s possible but would stretch further if there were some genuine contenders!

I don’t want country boots and having had them before, they don’t scrub up as well once you’ve wadded through the mud. I’ve also had mudruckers??? and not heard the best things about other muck boots.

I don’t need to ride in them - just want boots that keep my feet toasty and dry while I trek through muddy fields! Oh and don’t rub your heels if you have to walk any distance (like my current mountain horse boots).

I’ve tried woollen fishing socks over thin cotton socks which help with the cold a bit but not completely so any other suggestions welcome!

claret09

Visit site
I had always had muckers and then moved onto Dublin boots. but I finally got fed up and bought ariat h20 short boots (150.00) = I would never have normally paid that much but I love them. I have warm, dry feet

coss

Visit site
Another vote for grubs wellies - 5mm neoprene insulation for some of them. a bit chunky but well insulated and comfortable. I find wearing overtrousers helps keep my legs warm and as such also helps keep my feet warm. was outside for 4hours today in -2 with a windchill and toes were only just starting to get cold from walking through snow.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Another vote for grubs wellies - 5mm neoprene insulation for some of them. a bit chunky but well insulated and comfortable. I find wearing overtrousers helps keep my legs warm and as such also helps keep my feet warm. was outside for 4hours today in -2 with a windchill and toes were only just starting to get cold from walking through snow.

I wear overtrousers too. Work a treat.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Any of the ariat h20. Warm and waterproof. Wouldn't have anything else. I always buy them in the sales though so don't normally pay more than £80.