Warm weather alternative to country boots?

hurricane124

Visit site
I absolutely love my country boots and live in them where possible. I have had quite a few pairs of ankle jodpur boots but have never found a pair that are truly comfortable.
I'm finding I'm choosing to wear my country boots every time I ride because I feel like I'm more comfortable and ride better. Obviously the issue at the minute is that it is way too hot to be wearing knee high fur lined boots!
I've got some birthday money to spend and I've been looking but cant find anything I like the look of.
Can anyone recommend a boot that's nice and chunky, ankle height and good for riding, yard work and all the other uses my country boots get (gardening, dog walking etc).

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
I wear Ariat Terrains mainly in summer with synthetic gaiters. In winter I wear Grasmeres.

I’ve also got Devon Pros that I wear with leather gaiters for lessons but they’re not so good for dog walking and general yard work.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Depending on the shape of your foot (I'm wide which causes huge problems), have a look at the Ariat range as you may find something there for summer riding??

I did have a pair of Ariat joddy boots which were supposed to be for warmer climates, they were too narrow for me so after riding in them once and being uncomfortable (very!) I e-bayed them, wish I could remember the name of them............ they were made of synthetic material which was supposed to be cooling.

Personally for warmer weather I do not think you can beat plain leather, as it allows your foot to "breathe"; I've been way hotter in other materials than in a good old-fashioned pair of leather boots.

The other thing you could do is have a look at on-line sites which cater especially for Endurance riders as you might find something there. Also, if you ride in half-leggings; have a look at the Performance Equestrian site as they do a lot of gear for Endurance riders and have some lovely mesh leggings; I've got a pair and they are fantastic!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Dublin do a waxy short leather boot. It pretty much has the same kind of sole, chunkier than regular short boots And the same foot feet as country boots. Maybe not the most supportive round the ankle but if your used to country boots that may not bother you!