Warm 'Winter'?

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Does anybody else have a winter 'heatwave' where they are? The horses were boiling in their HWs, I had to take Hanna, Maria's & Lilly's rugs off when they came in! Sunny was re clipped *again* :rolleyes3: yesterday, so in a way I'm actually glad, as she wasn't too cold when I brought her in, but is still in her HW stable rug as she does actually need it.

Have any other forum users got very unseasonal weather? I thought it's meant to be December, not April/ May?! ;)

Splashy pony

Visit site
14.5C according to my car today. 20mins schooling on a clipped pony and we were both a bit sweaty! It's that warm, wet, westerly wind that does it. Even if it's not very wet today.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Its been 14 degrees here but windy its short lived though after the weekend its back down to about 5 and freezing at night so make the most of it, although I would rather it be cold and drier than mild and raining, I was walking the dog yesterday in the woods opposite me and picked a few bits of holly for home and there were some strange flying insects about due to the mild weather I suppose.

dollyanna

Visit site
I don't know what the temp is but I haven't had to light the fire all day (my only heating) and it has been out since yesterday evening. And definitely too hot to wear a hat while walking to the ponies!

3OldPonies

Visit site
Yep, wish it would make it's mind up. I too got a bit caught out with the rugging situation. It was frosty in the evening so I rugged as usual for a cold night, but by the morning it was warm and raining. Even the blasted poo eating beetles have come out again and are spreading the poo everywhere like its summer.

DJ

Visit site
Yup, 13 degrees here earlier .. really warm ... so much for the "terrible arctic conditions" warning only last month, I said then i`d believe it when I see it, I am sick of the wet though :(

Arizahn

Visit site
Currently 10 degrees here, and it's well past sunset. Occasional heavy showers, not particularly breezy. A lot of cloud cover...I keep thinking of the phrase "warm enough for snow" :(

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Yup, 13 degrees here earlier .. really warm ... so much for the "terrible arctic conditions" warning only last month, I said then i`d believe it when I see it, I am sick of the wet though :(

Yeah, the wet is AWFUL! I can't ride at the moment, the fields are just a really slippy soggy mess :(

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Currently 10 degrees here, and it's well past sunset. Occasional heavy showers, not particularly breezy. A lot of cloud cover...I keep thinking of the phrase "warm enough for snow" :(

Wish it would snow. And only 2 weeks ago we were complaining out hunting as it was snowing at -2, saying, "I wish we could hunt in the summer", I guess it's come true now.

Annagain

Visit site
It's warm here but very wet and windy, so despite the temperature, I won't be riding tonight. We've only had one frost so far and the grass is still growing like mad. The horses still don't want to come in, we have to go looking for them in the dark! Normally they're waiting by the gate from about 4pm. I'd leave them out but yard rules mean we have to bring them in. They're eating very little haylage too, which is a pain as we pay £15 a week for ad lib. It'll probably even out over the winter though so can't complain too much.

fiwen30

Visit site
Yep, it's been driving me bonkers! 2-3 degrees last week, 11-13 this week! Lola only has a bib clip, so she's been out in her no fill rug these past few days, and that's only because of the muck in the field.

I'm not complaining overly though, it's nice not to have numb fingers and toes while mucking out :)

L&M

Visit site
Strange weather here in Shropshire too - rode out but was horrid. Both me and horse were sweaty, and the wind very random and spooky. The rain wasn't a bother though as too warm!!

Oh well, it will probably snow next week….

meesha

Visit site
Very warm here, mine are in on yard/arena with large shelter and i have been leaving both unrugged in day - one is hunter clipped although it is growing out. misjudged it the other day and they were unrugged and it rained ! Even clipped one not slightest bit cold!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Sadly not as DSW has to leave really early to go be sniffed by the hounds etc so would be loading/getting ready all alone which won't go well as some how Gingerface knows the difference between being poshed up for dressage and being poshed up for hunting :(

I can't even come watch as we only have 1 car :( :(

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Sadly not as DSW has to leave really early to go be sniffed by the hounds etc so would be loading/getting ready all alone which won't go well as some how Gingerface knows the difference between being poshed up for dressage and being poshed up for hunting :(

I can't even come watch as we only have 1 car :( :(

Oh, that's a shame :( DSW needs to make sure he's super quick, as Sunny thinks she's a TB racehorse at the moment :D

DaveSkywalker

Visit site
Today I was joking that as it's so warm I'm going to turn up at the Boxing Day hunt in a short sleeved T-shirt, as opposed to my navy jacket etc. and that Sunny will be wearing fly spray & her ear bonnet! :D

Just checked the boxing day weather for Ashbourne

Morning:
Cloudy 5° Lo -1°, RealFeel 5° / -2°
Precipitation: 51%
Rain: 0 mm
Snow: 0 CM
Humidity: 91%
Cloud Cover: 100%
Dew Point: 0° C
Visibility: 6 km
Wind 6km/h

Afternoon: