Warmth of old style Bucas Power Turnouts?

becca1305

Visit site
Having just bought a lovely new mare :D, I went rummaging through my spare rug collection to try and find a rug to fit her until I could buy her PE rugs like my others. I stumbled across an old silver full neck (all in one) Bucas which I think is a Power turnout? It is in the old style with 2 clips at the front (like x surcingle attachments) with a pad of material behind. However it does actually seem to fit her rather well so I thought it was worth seeing if I could get some use out of it :).

Does anyone know what gram approx these rugs are please? or what rough temperature range they are suitable to be used in? the rugs on the bucas website appear to have been updated and are different to the old power turnout so no help there :(. I'm currently using it with a 100g liner underneath and she feels the right temperature, but I'm unsure if that means its suitable for warmer temps, or if because I've stuck a liner underneath its preventing the rug from doing its job!

Any Bucas owners advice greatly appreciated :D

becca1305

Visit site
hey. I have had a look on there thanks :) but could only see the info for the new designs, and I don't think mine is either of the options - really light or really heavy, however I did see an expired advert on ebay for a second hand rug that looked identical to mine which was described as light to middle weight so think I will have to go for that!