WARNING FROM FCT

Godknows

Visit site
Can any one tell me why when someone names people on here and we give a comment (advise because we have had dealing) that we then get a warning????

I assume the person that pushed the button for some advise I gave is the one that actually named the person so if so say so don't hide behind user names to advertise:mad:

rhino

Visit site
Godknows, that sounds bizarre. Have you pm'd tfc and explained it to him?! I would have thought you would have been given an explanation.

Godknows

Visit site
Godknows, that sounds bizarre. Have you pm'd tfc and explained it to him?! I would have thought you would have been given an explanation.

I will not say what post it was in but this was my reply (must admit I quoted the post) so they would know what I meant.

My reply:

I wouldn't, not good

:confused:

rhino

Visit site
Hmm, I would definitely be pm'ing for clarification then, I would have thought it was the person who named the individual/company who would have been the one breaking the t&c's :confused:

ETA if that's all you wrote, surely that's just your personal opinion anyway?! Not really naming and shaming..

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Probably because if the person had already been named, and its obvious you are refering to them, you are basically slagging them off on an open forum??

I don't know the post you are refering to or who it was about, but some things are probably best said in a PM...

Tinypony

Visit site
OK, no need for the eye roll, I didn't read the thread and was trying to be helpful.
If you think that recommendations are advertising you could be right, but we might as well close the forum. People share their positive experiences of products and people all the time. I guess where the forum owners have to be a bit careful is when negative experiences are shared, and the way that is done. We've been warned about the possibility of closing the forum in the past, so I would imagine that a line was crossed somewhere. Why get bothered about it? It's only a discussion group.
a090.gif

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Well actually no, it was not a horse dealer or a dealer yard:rolleyes:

The fact remains that people are not allowed to advertise so if someone is named and others say yes they're great. Is that not advertising??:confused::rolleyes:

The difference is that nobody is going to sue HHO for positive comments about them... Its a bit different from a thread that is an obvious advert, and is pretty helpful to us all. Your advice to avoid certain dealers etc is also useful, but could end up in litigation - sadly another down side of the way the world is going... Like I said, a pm would do the trick without causing trouble..

rubydog

Visit site
Hi guys,
I am still relatively new to the forum, but i did once get a warning from TFC for commenting on somones website. I would however like to know more about TFC, like does he/she know everyone calls him/her the TFC and does he work 24hrs a day?

rhino

Visit site
Hi guys,
I am still relatively new to the forum, but i did once get a warning from TFC for commenting on somones website. I would however like to know more about TFC, like does he/she know everyone calls him/her the TFC and does he work 24hrs a day?

He gets called a lot worse than that ;) :D But yes, TheFatController is his forum name, there is also at least one HHO Admin from what I can make out :confused: They don't work 24/7 but have a habit of popping every now and again, before the forum moved to the current format it was completely unmanned all weekend :eek: :D

As it is an unmoderated forum, posts generally need to be reported before they are acted on :)

Silent Knight

Visit site
We have a couple of avid button pushers on this forum. Always waiting to run and tell tails. Sometimes the complaints are justified and sometimes the're petty.

I wouldn't worry or get upset about it. Some people are just uber sensitive.

rubydog

Visit site
Thanks rhino, for explaining that to me. It has got me interested now, it all sounds a bit like mi5 to me, so does the h&h admin have a username like us that they use as cover? I would love the TFC's job I love reading the forum all day!!

rhino

Visit site
Thanks rhino, for explaining that to me. It has got me interested now, it all sounds a bit like mi5 to me, so does the h&h admin have a username like us that they use as cover? I would love the TFC's job I love reading the forum all day!!

I have no idea! :confused: TFC did post under another name once, ages ago, but I think he was just using a computer logged on with someone else's details :confused:

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site

Isn't admin called admin on the forum too? I think they popped up once last year. TFC lurks on the feedback and queries board, which is at the bottom of the forum menu, and is quite a funny person!

Dolcé

Visit site
If you quoted a post naming someone then that is why you got a warning, if you hadn't quoted and had just replied then you wouldn't have, I fell foul of this some time ago and now never use the quote facility on a contentious post.

I understand, have read it somewhere, that TFC does not read the board unless a complaint is made, that is the only time that individual posts are looked at. (Other than the queries bit)

flowerlady

Visit site
I'm afraid this forum has become so paranoid that is why I don't say much anymore and that is why alot of the older posters have left or been banned or moved to another forum.:( Sad really this used to be so entertaining

Last edited:

Godknows

Visit site
He gets called a lot worse than that ;) :D But yes, TheFatController is his forum name, there is also at least one HHO Admin from what I can make out :confused: They don't work 24/7 but have a habit of popping every now and again, before the forum moved to the current format it was completely unmanned all weekend :eek: :D

As it is an unmoderated forum, posts generally need to be reported before they are acted on :)

Oh but what fun we had it was worth logging on for:D:D:D;)