Warning...RANT!!!

Bri

Visit site
I don't think I have ever been as angry as I am now!!!

Had the vet today for my boy, after a long battle managed to get him nerve blocked and he blocked out to the foot. Vet asked me to get on and ride to confirm it was his foot that has been causing the problem.
His behaviour was worse then it has been, he was bucking, rearing, twisting and spinning all over the place. Even moving my leg against his side was enough to set him off. I have never seen a horse more clearly trying to tell someone that it's in a serious amount of pain. I know my horse and he definitely wasn't taking the proverbial!!

Anyway, lady on my yard strides over and announces that he is, and as I am not capable she will get on him and 'ride him through it '.
I am absolutely fcuking seething!!! It was all announced loudly in front of Vet and YO who both dismissed her, but I can picture her now sitting on top of him belting the hell out of him and screaming 'go on, get up'
Mother insists I'm being unreasonable but I'm still wound up about it...

What a tw~t!!!

siennamiller

Visit site
hang on, let me get this straight-this is your horse right. What a cheeky fu**ing bi*ch. I would have been totally fuming too. I think shes lucky you did not deck her one
mad.gif

what did the vet think problem was?

RunToEarth

Visit site
I think I would have lost it. After what that horse has put you through these last few weeks, and having the vet tell you such demoralising news, I would have turn round and cracked her one.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
cheeky cow!! I would have bopped her one. Good on vet and YO for dismissing her, but someone really should have just said "pi** off".
you're not over reacting, but don't let it get to you. She will get her comeuppance one day....

Bri

Visit site
I was too shocked to do anything but stare at her in disbelief!!
Vet put her down quite sharply though!

Diagnosis: Not good. Needs a bone scan and mri, don't know if insurance will pay and we can't afford it. Horse is also turning psychotic.
frown.gif

pottamus

Visit site
Wherever there are horses there seems to be nosy interfering know it all's and I get sick of them too...they can take their opinions and stick them where the sun don't shine as far as I am concerned! Try and ignore it at least the vet and YO know what is best and that is all that matters...hope horsey gets sorted out soon.

maddielove

Visit site
my yard is full of people like that..esp. the yard owner.can't stand them, thankfully i proved them wrong when they said that i wouldn't be able to ride her for then years..only took a fortnight!!!
hope you horsey gets better soon, good luck xx

Rosyryan

Visit site
Hmm, we used to have 1 of those on our yard, forever pokoing her nose in hanging over the box door when you're trying to have a quiet word with the vet, etc etc, tempting though to have let her get on and the hopefully hit the deck! I don't know why they do it to look big maybe? Or more clued-up--mystery!!!