WARNING west mids/staffs THEIVING SC*M

rascal

Visit site
Im so angry!!!!
Last night our ponys light weight rug was stolen, our stable cats were let out, a grooming kit was also taken, the lids were left off the feed bins and they left all the doors open as well so they must have gone right through it the B*******!
Next doors yard was done as well, they have brushes with our horses names on them that were left.
PLEASE MARK EVERYTHING AND TAKE IT HOME!!

dwi

Visit site
Do you mind saying whereabouts you are? pm me if you prefer and then I'll know whether I need to go back to the yard to get my saddle

Gucci_b

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that you got "done over". They are doing their rounds in surrey too...
mad.gif
mad.gif

rascal

Visit site
Im near walsall, but the theiving ******** could be anywhere by now. I know ive seen someone else from walsall on here. Wish i could remember the name.

Harlequin_Ro

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry to hear that you got "done over". They are doing their rounds in surrey too...
mad.gif
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats funny so are the pikies I wonder if there's a connection???
smirk.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
hardly seems like the 'kray' brothers are back on the road, sounds more like kids messing around
grin.gif
! PLease dont blame the 'pikeys' every time someone looses something!
mad.gif
M.

rascal

Visit site
Mairi it may not seem like the kray brothers to you but weve had over £3000 worth of OUR belongings STOLEN FROM THAT YARD IN THE 8 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN THERE!!! Rugs have gone off our horses backs, things we bought our children for christmas and birthdays have been taken, our electric fencers have been stolen 5 TIMES!!!!!!! Its not your fault but its nothing to joke about. Its not funny for us! It very likely IS travelers in this case according to the police. Would you like it if you worked for a living and some s*** stole your belongings? I KNOW YOU WOULDNT! Its not kids, we do get kids up there but they just make a mess.

the watcher

Visit site
It is a fact that there is real business in stealing tack. The only way to prevent this is to mark all your saddles and rugs so that they are identifiable, thieves don't want to be caught with something that can be identified as stolen. Your local Horsewatch co-ordinator should be able to stamp your post code on to any leather saddles and you can mark your rugs by writing your post code on the lining with indelible ink.

Then put up a big sign on the yard (NOT on the tackroom door) stating that all property is marked and identifiable - chances are they will pass you by and move on to the next yard. If your horses can be marked and identifiable too they will be safer.

Police officers in the main are not tuned in to identifying horses and tack, especially at 2 in the morning when they stop a van - but even they can read a postcode in the middle of the night. Simple preventive measures are the most effective.

rascal

Visit site
Our tack goes home even the headcollars, and it is all marked. Our rugs have our post code, the freeze mark number of the horse it bleongs to and even our phone number on them in big letters and in several places. On light colour rugs its in waterproof marker pen and on the dark rugs its painted.
We found they had dumped alot of our brushes at the yard next door when they must have realised even theyare clearly marked.
The fencers they stole last year had our post code and house number engraved on it and they still took it! We were amazed.