Was I wrong to be angry

taffy2

Visit site
I went to the first show of the season and entered my cob into Mountain and Moorland class. There were 12 entered the judge pulled us all in to line and I think I was about 7th. We did our individul shows after I finished the judge said to me "dont worry about taking your saddle off only the first five horses in the line are stripping!" the she asked the 9th and 10th horse to strip aswell as the first five! I was still mounted as well as a few others. the judge then did the final line out with only the horses that were stripped and the ones still mounted had to leave the ring! Is this bad manner from the judges part or is normal practise for M&M class. I paid the same amount of entry fees as the others??

catembi

Visit site
I'm not a showing person, but surely the point of stripping is to see what the horses are like without their saddles? So maybe the horse in 6th with the saddle off actually looks better than the one in 5th??

Doesn't sound right to me, but then I haven't shown for ages because it never seems to be fair or logical...

TiaPony

Visit site
I'd be annoyed. A horse can look totally different under saddle and even if he's not conformationally correct, it is all still part of the showing experience.
Short for time perhaps?
x

Bexaco

Visit site
I wouldnt worry about it, some judges are really harsh and sour, I dont know why they do the job as they appear to hate it! Im sure at your next show the judge will be less arogent and you will be treated fairly!
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It is annoying & that's why I can't get into showing...it's all down to inividual taste of the judge as to how you do in a class. How many times have you heard people say 'Not going to that show, I know who's judging & he goes for a different stamp of horse to mine'.....it's crazy
crazy.gif

At least with Show Jumping you know how you have done, you either had the jump down or you didn't..simple & transparantly fairer.
smile.gif

taffy2

Visit site

At least with Show Jumping you know how you have done, you either had the jump down or you didn't..simple & transparantly fairer.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there. I think its who you know in the showing world!!