Washing off after exercise

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
pretty much, it was popular in the 90s it doesn't produce an insulating layer and will continue to evaporate and therefore cool so long as you don't have 100% humidity. So I think it is thought now that rather than take time to scrape you are better to chuck more cold water on.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
We wash off anywhere that got sweaty... especially in summer as it just attracts flies.

If feeling generous I use no rinse lavender wash - otherwise just water.

My kids are in Pony Club and have never been told otherwise - but they are a long way from B level.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
I always wash off saddle patch, girth area, bum and ears when I've ridden in the summer. I found that the collagen lumps (or whatever they are) on his back actually went completely when I washed his back every time I'd ridden with malaseb and warm water.

In the winter i only ever wash his saddle patch if we've been hunting but I do the same with warm water and malaseb again. In the winter I only use cold water for legs and tummy if its completely covered in mud!! I wouldn't want a full body cold shower in the depths of winter - I imagine my horse doesn't either.