Saturday 9 August
2330-1540: Team and individual eventing dressage day 1

Sunday 10 August
2330-0255: Team and individual eventing dressage day 2

Monday 11 August
0100-0500: Team and individual eventing cross-country

Tuesday 12 August
1215-1800: Team eventing jumping final

So are you not going to sleep for the dressage and XC days or do you expect them to re-run parts of it when normal people are awake? I do have interactive but also like my sleep!
blush.gif
confused.gif
The highlights never show the full picture IMHO and I won't be able to will on the people I like or "anti-vibe" those I don't. Does anyone know who the commentators will be? (Really hope it is not Mike Tucker and Lorna Clarke as they never seem to tell it as it is....."oh he is going well" as tired horse crawls over a fence etc). Sorry off topic.....

BBs

Visit site
I have a feeling Ill be up, 9th is Halfsteps birthday and we're all going out....Im thinking I might be staying up and watching it lol
Plus ooo have a lesson on 10th... like thats going to be productive
wink.gif

kerilli

Visit site
i'll be staying up and burning the midnight oil. totally agree about the commentators though, i cringe all the time when Mike Tucker and Lorna Clarke are on! and why they rejected Lucinda as a commentator because she sounded "too posh", but put up with Lorna, i have no idea...! although Lucinda is too busy now anyway, i think!
i'd be a great commentator, as long as they were quick to bleep out my swearing when people miss!
wink.gif
wink.gif

is it going to be on normal BBC, or BBCi? i think i'd better go and buy a new digibox, mine's on the blink and my fury will know no bounds if i don't get to watch the Eventing!

Fiona

Visit site
Thats how I felt at Badminton time when our sky box went on the blink and I missed the live XC action.

All sorted with a new sky+ now though thank goodness.

So the Mon coverage starts at 0100, that is the early hours of Tues AM isn't it.

Can't wait.

Fiona

Cloud9

Visit site
The full time-table is available to download on the British Eventing website. Click on Olympic News on left hand side of homepage - you will then see the download on top right hand side. Hope it is on BBC or BBCi as that is all I have too. Otherwise I will have to find a willing friend with Sky+

Cloud9

Visit site
And we are about 7 hours behind Bejing I think so eventing should be on in the early hours of Monday am.

Fiona

Visit site
But it can't be early hours Monday, because the dressage is Saturday evening running into early hours of SUnday, and Sunday evening late running into early hours of Monday, so surely the XC (starting at 0100) is actually Tuesday morning early.

Fiona

Cloud9

Visit site
Just had another look at the timetable downloaded from the BE website - Dressage Day 1 starts 6.30am local time on Saturday 9th Aug which would make it 11.30pm Friday 8th our time. Dressage Day 2 is 10th Aug 6.30am local time so again 11.30pm our time on Saturday 9th. Eventing starts 8am Monday 11th which would make it 1am Monday 11th. Well that is how I read it anyway. Who knows - only time will tell!!

Daffodil

Visit site
I hope this BBC1 and BBC2 as I don't have digital.

Will definitely stay up, and taking time off work, to see it.

Never been a fan of Mike Tucker, who witters on endlessly without actually saying anything, though Lorna C is fine. Love Lucinda's astute, factual and informative commentary and wish they'd employ her. Also Clare Balding is such an asset -hope she'll be on duty.

BBH

Visit site
Thought I saw on some BBC programme scheduling thing it will be Ian Stark, Mike Tucker and Claire Balding Combo

Mel85

Visit site
I'll be getting back from Hartpury the Sunday evening and have monday off work so intend to stay up and watch the xc...although I'll probably be so knackered after a week at 3 day that i'll be asleep before it starts!

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Ian Stark's a fab commentator, he tells it like it is. Maybe they can use him as it'll be the diehards watching live, so his lack of PCness won't cause too many sharp intakes of breath!!
grin.gif

EventingMad

Visit site
I will be sat up watching live defiantly and then probaly have a couple of hours sleep during the day !
Can't wait now,seemed to have planned things around it...mad me !!
crazy.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Flint12

Visit site
so im guessing i will be awake in the middle of the night then. . .or

fingers crossed it is on BBCi player. . .but doubtful

teapot

Visit site
I'm staying up
grin.gif
I've got the week off of work so it won't matter if my sleep starts when the coverage finishes
grin.gif

I'm not overly sure about what channels it'll be on as I cannot see the BBC showing 14hrs of dressage on BBC1
crazy.gif
Methinks dressage will be on interactive, xc and sj on bbc 1/bbc 2

Think the commentary is going to be MT, Clare Balding and Ian Stark. Tina Cook was going to be doing it but obviously now she can't!

DidiR

Visit site
I remember staying up all through the night watching Seoul XC live... and then going to school... I thought I was so clever having NO sleep.... then I was dead by the time I got home, so I couldn't manage to stay awake again for the SJ!

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to sound completely blonde but are you able to sky+ bbci (ie the red button!)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends if it's got the channel number or not I'd imagine. My BBCi comes under 303 and 304 on freeview which I'm guessing you could put into the programmer thing.

Swear someone else said you can't though. You can record interactive on a tape recorder (how old does that sound?) if you set it to AV. But you can't swith off anything including your tv otherwise it won't record