Water bowl recommendations....

Marnie

Visit site
A bit of a strange question!

Bunny has taken to playing with her water bowls when she is in her crate / run - either at night or during the day. The crate / run has plenty of space, her night time one is in my bedroom and her day one in the lounge.

I have tried all sorts of water bowls - ones that hook over the crate bars, ones that have a clamp that screw onto the bars - but she manages to get the inner bowls out. She seems to like to play with the bowls, she has a bit of a thing about metal - she is always trying to steal the poker for the fire! I have also tried a bowl that has a floating inner that is supposed to not be possible to tip over - she still managed to 'dig' at it and spray water everywhere.

Has anyone had similar and come up with bowls that either can't be tipped over or spilled or something that can be attached to the crate that is one piece (i.e. without an inner bowl)? I am not so worried about night as she goes straight to sleep when I put her to bed, it is more during the day.

Thanks for any help!

[139672]

Visit site
I use the Mason Cash ceramic bowls. pets at Home often stock them. I’d try a heavy, lowish sided ceramic bowl and leave another empty bowl in there he could play around with if safe? Or get some chews that last a little while? My dog likes the lamb skin, dried and rolled up.

Marnie

Visit site
I use the Mason Cash ceramic bowls. pets at Home often stock them. I’d try a heavy, lowish sided ceramic bowl and leave another empty bowl in there he could play around with if safe? Or get some chews that last a little while? My dog likes the lamb skin, dried and rolled up.

Thank you- I'll have a look at all those things ?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mitch’s is a simple stainless steel bowl that sits in the frame attached with a clamp. It’s quite big so fairly heavy woefully. Would that help or would she just tip the lot? I know someone was on about a rabbit style dropper bottle the other day (but they’re quite mad on mumsnet!)

Marnie

Visit site
Mitch’s is a simple stainless steel bowl that sits in the frame attached with a clamp. It’s quite big so fairly heavy woefully. Would that help or would she just tip the lot? I know someone was on about a rabbit style dropper bottle the other day (but they’re quite mad on mumsnet!)

I've got the crates ones with a metal ring that clamps to the bars and then the bowl slots in - she just removes the bowl and then starts playing with the ring! She seems to have a thing about metal - she keeps stealing the fire poker to play with :) I saw the rabbit dropper post, I dread to think what she would do with that :D

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We have an heirloom in the form of an earthenware dish for dogs with long ears, to keep them out of the water. They can't get their feet in to tip the dish over. That dish must be at least 70 yrs old, going by the only dog the family had with long, dangly ears. It has lasted much, much longer than any other dish, because they can't play with it.

lozzles

Visit site
I have a road refresher bowl which would be very hard to tip or spill from. The only flaw is it's more faffy to clean

Marnie

Visit site
I have a road refresher bowl which would be very hard to tip or spill from. The only flaw is it's more faffy to clean

After watching her drag a ceramic one along and tip it over, I think she would still manage to chew and spill one of those - but anything is worth a try, thank you :)

Moobli

Visit site
I used one of those for my paddling puppies until they grew out of messing in the water. It worked a treat. I now use a Mason Cash.