Waterproof breeches / over trousers

starryeyed

Visit site
As I sit here staring out the window at the downpour that began yesterday and hasn't stopped, I am trying to force myself out into the elements for a ride... I have decided that enough is enough and I need to treat myself to a well-deserved pair of waterproof breeches or over trousers!

Think I have managed to narrow my search down to the Ornella Prosperi over trousers and the Breeze Up 3/4 length waterproof breeches...

For those of you who have tried them - what are your thoughts? How do they fit, are they easy to ride and move in? And what's the sizing like - would I need to go up a size?
Open to any other recommendations too!

Thank you! X

Love

Visit site
I have the Rambo fleece lined full waterproof chaps and cannot recommend them enough! They are so cosy, totally waterproof, easy to get on and off over boots and perfectly fine to ride in - can't even tell you have them on. Got them the Christmas before the one just gone and don't know how I lived without them!

Edited to add link: http://www.foxsaddlers.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/Foxsaddler/_002822/385869/Rambo-Fleece-lined-Full-Chaps

Last edited:

tase1965

Visit site
Ornello's all the way for me, fit beautifully, very waterproof, breathable and light - really comfortable and hardly know I have got them on.. Not too long either, most waterproof trousers drowned me in length... :)

Shutterbug

Visit site
I bought some waterproof over trousers from Go Outdoors - they were around £45, and have the button and zip down the side of the left making them easy to get on over joddies and boots - plenty of room and comfy to ride in for hacking. Tried to have a lesson on them and took them off as they were annoying me lol

eta - they are Berghaus ones