Waterproof fly rug for cob

taraj

Visit site
Apologies if this has been done too many times but I can't find any recent posts and rugs do change fit as new ones are bought out.
My wide chested section D filly hates the flies and has a meltdown if she gets wet, I didn't put her fly rug on last night due to the rain and this morning she really has the hump (a tree is not good enough shelter apparently!) So looking at waterproof fly rugs. Does anyone have the premier equine one on a cob? Or other recommendations? Thankyou

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I find the Shires one is very good. Beautifully cut for a horse with big shoulders, so I would think a fair bet for a cob too. They are a bit more expensive than an economy one, but not only is the waterproof part really waterproof, but the cut is such that the waterproofness goes far enough to pass the widest part, so the water can then run down the mesh part and the horse is completely dry underneath.

I have been astonished when fetching mine in from a wet day.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
The other thing you could think about is to get a rug which doesn't get "wet" in the first place, such as the one that Premier Equine do, its made of a mesh rather than a "fabric" assuch which means that the rain goes through it rather than the thing gets all wet and heavy if it rains.

Think they're called the "Fly Lite" or something similar: you may find they're on special offer, worth subscribing to their website as often they'll do daily deals on things.

I've got one of these for my sweet itchy boy; it has a nice long neck and you can bung it on if you think it might be gonna rain and chuck out overnight (probably what I'll be doing with mine later on as apparently rain is forecast!!).