Waterproof jods/breeches?

Jango

Visit site
So after an extended trip to Africa last year I suddenly feel the cold a lot more than I used to! I also live in Manchester and it rains a lot so I'm looking for some waterproof jods as going to have to hack a lot this winter! Ideally no silicon (or just knee patches). Does anyone have any recommendations please? Under about 120quid if they are good quality!

tatty_v

Visit site
I have some Laura Garrelli ones that are lovely - fleece lined and softshell waterproof outer. Picked them up at YHL for about £40!

jnb

Visit site
If you can find the Noble Outfitters Winter breech (softshell) they are amazing, I lived in mine last winter!

Jango

Visit site
Ooooh thanks everyone! The decathlon ones looked good but I don't think the sizes would work. I'm a size 10 - 12 but they just do size 8-10 and 12-14 so probably not right for me. I'll have a look at the others though!

Kat

Visit site
Just pop into a store and try them on, the sizes aren't too far apart, I can't remember if they come up small or large, I think I needed to err on the side of a size up as they aren't massively stretchy but I wouldn't swear to it.

I find sizes are so inconsistent generally that I place little store by labels and just buy what fits regardless.

vam

Visit site
I have just bought a pair of the decathlon ones ready for winter. Size wise I am a 12 mostly and got the small which is a 10 to 12 and they fit fine.
I also have a pair of kramer soft shell breeches which are toasty warm, fit true to size. Not sure they will hold up to hours of heavy rain but definitely going to get a lot of wear out of them in the winter.

catkin

Visit site
As an alternative have you considered a pair of waterproof chaps over whatever jods you have. I have a pair of Dublin ones that have done years and years of hard service. I like them as quicker to dry out after a downpour and can wear appropriate jods underneath (ie fabric with the suede-seated saddle and fullseat on slippery leather on excitable-pony days ;) )

J&S

Visit site
I have some fleece lined Harry Hall breeches, faux suede seat. They have proved to be shower proof on their own, are warm and comfortable. I wore them over last w/es torrential rain storms with a pair of Noble water proof riding trousers over the top and stayed perfectly dry. I do have Just Chaps fleece lined water proof chaps but they still give you a wet seat, super for cold and dry though.

Jango

Visit site
To follow up on this if anyone searches, I bought the decathlon ones and I've worn them a lot!! The medium was a perfect fit and the navy looks slightly less bondage ? Would definitely recommend!