Waterproof jods

Embers13

New User
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a pair of waterproof jods for hacking in winter (in light rain at worst). Can anyone recommend any that aren't too hideously expensive? Or, alternatively, has anyone tried (and succeeded) in using waterproofing spray/wash to waterproof a normal pair of jods?

DirectorFury

Visit site
Decathlon Kipwarm! They're amazing, actually properly waterproof and fleece lined so nice and warm :). You have to be careful not to snag them on brambles though. The only downside is that the black ones look a little like fetish wear so they're not the sort of jodhs you can pop to the shops in after riding (well, not unless you're OK with getting some VERY odd looks).
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/kipwarm-warm-jodhpurs-beige-id_8392687.html

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site

GirlFriday

Visit site
Rain legs - sort of cycling things that just cover the the front of your legs over normal jods are great because *not* too warm/sweaty and you only need one pair, not a whole other collection of wet weather jods.

Britestar

Visit site
Totally agree decathlon. And yes the black are v dodgy looking. On the up side, when a cat knocks over a cup of tea on you when wearing them - no scalding!

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
My Toggi Arctic breeches cost £53, bought two weeks ago online from a feed stockist website. They are 'water resistant' not water proof but fleece lined and comfortable. I'm not expecting them to keep me dry in the heaviest downpour.

Kat

Visit site
The decathlon ones are amazing, warm and dry whatever the weather! Just be careful if you have leather car seats, they grip rather well, I nearly faceplanted the first time I tried to get out of the pickup in them 😂

horsemadelsie

Visit site
Decathlon Kipwarm! They're amazing, actually properly waterproof and fleece lined so nice and warm :). You have to be careful not to snag them on brambles though. The only downside is that the black ones look a little like fetish wear so they're not the sort of jodhs you can pop to the shops in after riding (well, not unless you're OK with getting some VERY odd looks).

Yes I have these and love them... but I do have them in black and must admit to having gone to the supermarket in them on one occasion... you're not wrong about getting odd looks!!

Yardbird

Visit site
Are those the jods that say they are for experienced riders riding 2 or 3 times a week?If so will they self destruct if a numpty rider like me wears them, and what would happen if one wants to ride 4 or 5 days a week? Are they slippery?

MuddyMonster

Visit site

Exactly this :)

To be fair, I've got a black pair & a grey pair & the grey are far less fetish looking :D

GirlFriday

Visit site
Are those the jods that say they are for experienced riders riding 2 or 3 times a week?If so will they self destruct if a numpty rider like me wears them, and what would happen if one wants to ride 4 or 5 days a week? Are they slippery?

A beginner rider won't yet be used to the strange looks and a 4/5 times a week rider wd presumably stink? Waterproof is never really breathable...

ETA: ;-)

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site

Top marks for best backhanded insult of the day :D

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site

Where does it say that?

Louby

Visit site
They came in s,m,l when I bought mine, with a chart saying it was their new sizing?? I got medium which it said was a 12-14 and they fit great.

SO1

Visit site
I have these they are great but the girls on the yard do call them my bondage jodhpurs.

Kat

Visit site
Yardbird, not slippery at all, they are grippy, I got stuck to the leather car seats in mine and nearly fell out of the car 😂

HeyMich

Visit site
Hi guys, whats the sizing like on the decathlon kipwarm, im a good 34 thats all and find not all 34's are that generous lol Thanks Jayne x

I wore my decathlon ones for the first time today and they are lovely! Cosy and warm, and survived a few Scottish ninja showers.

Sizing wise, I'm a tall size 14 normally, and I have the size L. They are quite stretchy so would probably go up to a size 14-16.