Waterproof riding trousers

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
With the constant deluge I think it’s time to invest in a good pair of waterproof trousers that I can ride in. I saw a fab all in one at Hoys that was toastie warm but at £235 a bit too steep! I don’t mind paying decent money for a good pair. Any recommendations?

ihatework

Visit site
Toggi Usk - they are just shells but good to ride in and you can layer up with thermals / leggings underneath.

Visit site
Farmer gummies! If you get warm and sweat you do get slightly damp from condensation but nothing else keeps the rain out!

I have tried every brand of waterpoof trousers going and so now stick to to farmer gummies with my Horseware H2O's under neath as a buffer layer. The H2O's lasted all of 3 months being waterproof - ok they do get some abuse but for £90 I expected better to be honest!

hattie2525

Visit site
https://hollandscountryclothing.co....MI3Ky43byU5QIVTbTtCh1YJAHDEAQYASABEgKUkPD_BwE

These are my winter secret weapon after a farmer tipped me off about them. They are utterly waterproof with a rubber like finish and head sealed seams, however they are the least breathable things in the world and can get a bit sticky. I utterly adore them and literally hose them off at the end of the day to clean them for the next day! I have had my pair for about 3 years and even after riding 4 a day through the winter they are only just beginning to go in the crotch area. They come up fairly big.

Visit site
https://hollandscountryclothing.co.uk/products/fortex-flex-waterproof-trousers-by-castle-clothing?variant=42546118163&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Ky43byU5QIVTbTtCh1YJAHDEAQYASABEgKUkPD_BwE

These are my winter secret weapon after a farmer tipped me off about them. They are utterly waterproof with a rubber like finish and head sealed seams, however they are the least breathable things in the world and can get a bit sticky. I utterly adore them and literally hose them off at the end of the day to clean them for the next day! I have had my pair for about 3 years and even after riding 4 a day through the winter they are only just beginning to go in the crotch area. They come up fairly big.

These are what I call Farmer Gummies! I couldn't for the life of ne remember what they were actually called! Most of us at work wear them and we all call them Farmer Gummies!

Melody Grey

Visit site
I just use Decathlon waterproof trousers over normal jods. I like to be able to take off layers easily! The ones with elasticated ankles are great. I wouldn't recommend the Regatta ones though- surprisingly bulky and wear through at the knees quickly.

Sassy Cat

New User
Visit site
Check out Arktis C310 waterproof combat trousers - fantastic over trousers - really comfortable to ride in. I've had mine for 8 yrs and still fully waterproof!