Waxed Nubuck Riding Boots ??

Muddywellies

Visit site
I'm looking at getting some bespoke riding boots for winter. My current tan boots stain in the rain so I'm considering a waxed nubuck pair. Does anyone know if they will stain in the rain or (as I would assume) would the rain just roll off as they are 'waxed' ? What are your experiences of waxed nubuck boots for winter use??

neddy man

Visit site
Have a look on www.tuffaboots.com they have nubuck riding boots and also do made to measure, I have their Dartmoor" jod boots in brown and in black, super hard wearing and both have held their colour over 3 years hard frequent wear, including riding without chaps, I'm sure it will be the same quality of leather in the riding boots.

Muddywellies

Visit site
Tbh I'm a loyal celeris customer. Just never had waxed nubuck so keen to hear how the leather stands up to wet weather and if it actually stains. I know a lot of country boots are made from nubuck so hopefully it fairs well in wet weather.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I had a pair that I loved and wore the whole time they did a lot of yard work .
The feet did in time stain but are far as I remember the legs where ok .

View

Visit site
My Tuffa Norfolks are coming up for 9 years old. No staining, and I’m not the best at cleaning them regularly, but when I do I use the recommended Nikwax products. Still waterproof, still comfortable, still looking good. They don’t get as much use as they used to following my second fracture of one ankle - if it’s sore, I tend to use the extra support given by short boots and half chaps.

Skib

sites.google.com
I dont have nubuck but I reckon that any leather will darken when oil or wax is applied. I bought beautiful green and brown Ariat Western boots in Wyoming in 2007 and was distraught when they changed so much after I waxed them that evening. I have just re-waxed them and they have darkened as before, but I dont want them to dry out and crack. I have never ridden in them but I like to wear them on the yard in summer as they have hard toes.