WB/TB/Clyde cross?

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Anyone any experience of something similar?

I have tried (and liked) a horse whose sire was Clyde/TB 50:50 and whose dam was TB/Hanoverian 50:50.

She seemed to have oodles of sensible energy and really quite a nice way of going. And she can jump! And was a nice person.

Up till now I've been mostly all about TB's but I find myself strangely drawn to this girlie...

Anybody got any experience of anything similar?

Thanks in advance!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I had a Clydesdale crossed welsh section d sadly he got the worse of each sides character traits .
Not sure you can take anything useful from that
If you like the horse buy it

JLav

Visit site
I have a Clyde cross who is competing Inter 1 and training GP Dressage. He is amazing and because he is such a good horse I bought 2 Clyde cross foals 4 years ago. Just backed them both and they are wonderful....easy and straight forward but both look like they'll have talent as well. One is Clyde/Hackney and the other Clyde/TB.....best horses in the world IMHO!!!

Visit site
Hey, the good person bit is important too - a horse that you gel with and can work with, even if it's got less than perfect conformation or breeding, (which is doesn't sound like this girl does!) can often achieve more than a horse with great conformation, 10* breeding which does not get along with its rider. ;)

Dreckly

Visit site
I have a Hanovarian x Shire gelding he is my absolute horse of a lifetime. Sensible, level headed but with a little spark. Never dangerous, always looks after me. He does dressage, has hunted, jumps we go on solo forest holidays. An absolute all rounder who is a superstar whom I adore.

Dynamo

Visit site
We have a Clyde x TB. Best horse we've ever had. Bought at 4, now 12. Fantastic temperament combined with superb athletic ability in all disciplines. We wouldn't hesitate to buy a similar cross again.

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Thanks for all replies. Great feedback! I'd love to see some pics of these lovely horses - and maybe if I buy this girl I can add some pics of my own 😊

Auslander

Visit site
Back in his younger days. Believed to be either Shire or Clydesdale x TB. Absolute superstar.

557517_506352876045179_1924645017_n.jpg

ponymum

Visit site
My friend has a beautiful gelding whose mum is TB x Clydesdale and dad is WB (Dimaggio). He's gorgeous with a lovely temperament and enough character to make him fun. Competing BD and currently at novice because she's had to have time off for health reasons. Sorry I can't put pics as he's not mine but he's a dude :)