We are in danger of losing something very important

Tankey

Visit site
EMW are feeling the crunch this winter, and those behind it are pretty much at the end of their tehter. Have a read of the blog here

http://emwcharity.blogspot.com/2009/11/ ... be-it.html

Not only do they do a real good job with the sancturies, they are also far too valuable a welfare resource to lose. They are the ones staying on at the markets to watch the loading (when you see the horror parts) when the bigger charities have gone home, they are the ones there with the copies of the regulations to try and force the markets and dealers to have a duty of care to the horse and ponies being trucked round the sales.
They are a massive source of information that will help change reulations for the better, and are instrumental in helping ensure that basic welfare needs are met at markets for these poor unwanted animals.

The horse world CANNOT afford to lose them, if eveyone chucked a tenner into the EMW pot, we can help them carry on.

Here's the website, the donation button is on the top right of the page. http://www.emwuk.org.uk/

ForeverBroke_

Visit site
Will get onto it
smile.gif

Darkhorse

Visit site
Done.

Tankey - are you in touch EMW - I think it might be useful if they set up an appeal page with a target on then people would have visability.

Its ok us all donating the odd £20 but what realistically do they need to get through the winter ? Perhaps that could be the target.

Tankey

Visit site
They need about 2K to get through the winter, so I am hearing through the grapevine....I will put your suggestion forward
grin.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
2k..................That's only 200x £10 (the equivalent of a Secret Santa pressie). This is so do able. I have put in £20 as I missed SS this year, so have contributed that too.

joeanne

Visit site
Suggestion...... I have (and I suspect many more also have) a surplus of small tack items, headcollars, bridles, bridle parts etc. Perhaps ebaying them and donating the money made. Kills two birds with one stone. Tack room ends up less cluttered, EMW make a bit of money.

Tinypony

Visit site
I think two things would really help them, first a cash injection, second some on-going funding.
The first could be obtained by everyone getting to their big Night of 100 Stars event on 27th March in Worcester. (You could make a good night of it and stay over).
The second can at least be helped by joining the 100 Club (with cash prizes each month) or sponsoring a resident.
Howzat?
grin.gif

lannerch

Visit site
Have donated,

Come on peeps with the recession and current times emw stirling work at the auctions is even more essential than it has ever been!

We cannot afford to loose them

Tinypony

Visit site
Is anyone involved with the theatrical world? I know that sometimes the cast of a big show will donate their pay for one night to charity.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Whilst I can see the point in buying hay, I would encourage any UK tax payers to donate the equivalent sum instead and click the gift aid as EMW will get more than the £2.50 donation that way.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
Whilst I can see the point in buying hay, I would encourage any UK tax payers to donate the equivalent sum instead and click the gift aid as EMW will get more than the £2.50 donation that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeh did not think of that - I am a duffus but have done both anyway
a020.gif

ajb123

Visit site
If you go on EMW website you will see they have a 100 Club - this is just about their only regular amount of income so everyone please join in - it only costs £5 a month and there is a cash prize draw every month - the more people who join in the bigger the prize! I won one month but sent my cheque back - £5 doesnt even buy a bag of horse feed does it?

Come on everyone they do a great job and really don't have any reserves of money like the big charities do.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I have no idea if Janet George on here is the Janet George on there........So the simple conclusion would be they are different people...............perhaps you should PM and ask if they are one and the same if you have concerns? Though EMW is an established, registered charity, so all above board.

A quick google search finds 1,210,000 for janet george in UK alone, so hardly an uncommon name.

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
I see Janet George is one of the patrons isn't she a member on here? So why is she not asking herself??

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cos the OP was a bit quicker off the mark than me!
grin.gif

EMW does need some extra help right now. It's been a hectic year, the recession has been biting, and feed and other costs just keep rising!

For those of you with young children - or friends with young children - can I recommend you have a look at one of EMW's fundraisers - a Letter from Santa! See http://www.justgiving.com/santaletter

in return for a modest donation, a child of your choice will get a personal letter from Santa, a card, and some chocolate coins. It's a very nice way of making a child happy AND helping a very worthy cause.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Just seen on another site that Elaine (EMW) has received £500 in donations overnight!!

still a minimum of £1500 to go....

This is so do able, so please dig deep if you can.