We can do it!!

RaYandFinn

Visit site
Hi all,

Just thought I would post a little Finn update. A lot has happened since my last post...
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=477250
Before we went to my instructors yard- I was having a real confidence crisis. Finn had tanked off with me a few times - which led to some nasty falls. He leant on my hands terribly and I really felt as tho I had no control. To top it all off, he was impossible to mount. I was a nervous wreck riding him and was seriously considering selling him...

What a difference 2 months makes! My wonderful instructor had him to school for 3 weeks- and i've been having at least one lesson a week since. He's like a different horse! We've been doing lots of transition work and trying to really get him to soften and work through his back. It's been a long process but I'm really starting to see a difference.

The big news is that we've started to canter again and even did a tiny jump the other day!! I was so proud of him! Plus we can now get on from a mounting block and did it for the first time today on our own!! :D those who know us will realise what a huge step that is.

Bit of a pointless post really other than to say to anyone else having a tough time with their ned- keep going!! It may take a long time (and god knows we still have a long way to go!) but it will get better!

R x

Chavhorse

Visit site
Nope not pointless at all....more inspirational:))

Congratulations to both you and Finn and especially you for realizing you had a problem and admitting you needed help.

Enjoy x