We found her!

mollymurphy

Visit site
Just to let you know that we found the filly - it IS her in the out-of-the-way field. Still on her own. This time she's got no water and no hay or hayledge. Just a field full of dying ragwort, a load of rubbish and 5 skips. She is just the sweetest little girl. Amazingly trusting of us - was following my sis round the field while she looked for water.
Need to let the inspector know where she is but i cant get hold of anyone until tomorrow. Hopefully he'll realise that these people aren't willing to co-operate, but we'll see. Stress!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

carthorse

s150.photobucket.com
Glad you found her and I'm sure you gave her something.
Hope all works out.Just be extra careful in case they are watching out ,suspecting someone may know that field and turn up

Fantasy_World

Visit site
Oh Lou I am so glad you have found her ALIVE
I hope the inspector reacts with more compassion and enthusiasm this time around and I truly hope and pray she is removed from those B**t*r*s and either found a loving home or else pts humanely and her suffering ended ( only of course if she is too far gone or will not have quality of life).
Would it also be asking too much of the ILPH to ensure those responsible are prosecuted for their actions so that this poor filly can at least get some form of recompense for her suffering.
Caroline x

chungalung

Visit site
oh lou you are so brave, i take it ur sis is horsey mad to. it would be alot safer for you both if you look out for eachother when in these situations. i am suprised she doesnt introduce her self to the forum as she aswel must be a truelly amazing person? x chung

D

Donkeymad

That is great news. Whatever you do, don't leave any traces of having been there or you could alert the 'owners' that she has been 'found'. Good luck with getting the ILPH out to act.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
I can vouch for them both Chungalung, they are both amazing people. MM's sister is quite a horsewoman too, and yes, they know the dangers and cover themselves at every angle! Nice to know that others are worried for them though. They both have the most incredible love of horses, so much so that they are amongst the few who will take the risks to look out for the horses interests.

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Understand C. Think MM will have her back so well covered, she will be wearing 3 vests!!! I remember the pics MM posted of that ragwort infested field last time she tried to get the authorities to help. Wasnt this the same field that she found the 5 month old filly foal hanging by a nylon headcollar from a piece of farm machinery? Bloody awful - do these people not know any better, or is their excuse that 'its the old way'.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
A big well done to you for standing up for what you believe in. Not many people will stand up and get the 'law' involved where these diddies are concerned. But PLEASE PLEASE be careful, my father caught some breaking the law and called the police... and ever since they've become convinced he's the YO and have started threatening him and and keep btreaking into the yard... the other week they had the horse lorry away.
mad.gif
, then the JCB, The latest incident, a couple of weeks ago, the stole all the diesel.
No horse is worth your personal safety, so please watch your self.

Good luck, if there's anything any of us can do, just say.

Visit site
hi not many people know me but i am tor and i am lous sis. not on here much but thanx so much for all of your kind words, unfortunatly the field she is in now is the field that the little foal died in thanx to the good for nothing ilph and gypos putting them there in the first place. like llwyncwn said we do cover every corner in keeping are selves hidden, we just cant leave her, not this time. she is so sweet, although she looks like there is nothing left for her to give, i saw it today when i went to see her that there is still something there, she followed me around the field for about 10 minutes and i nearly cried when i had to leave her. there is a trough of water about an inch deep with hundreds of leaves in, the water is black, not been cleaned for a long time. llwyncwn, if nothing is done then plan b will take place. She wont last the winter if we dont step in, that is not going to happen.
confused.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Can't you find anyone who would offer to buy her like a charity?
Down here there are a couple of charities, what about Happa?
I don't know what else you can do to help her, again I stress be careful, the gypsy won't be happy about anyone reporting him..
frown.gif

(I have to say I would sneak some water in to her somehow even if in the dark...)

mollymurphy

Visit site
Thank you all again! Dont worry - we're being careful. Yes H, it's the same field the filly foal was hung in.
frown.gif
It's the only field that is out of view of the general public. the others all back on to bridleways, footpaths or busy roads. Just hoping i can get hold of the inspector first thing tomorrow.
Oh and yes Chung - Tor is a horse lover too!
grin.gif
x

mollymurphy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Can't you find anyone who would offer to buy her like a charity?
Down here there are a couple of charities, what about Happa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh, hadn't thought of that. There are a couple round here, but i'm not sure if they'd do that. I'll do some research!
grin.gif

We'll take her some water after dark.
crazy.gif

debsflo

Visit site
well done following this very closely .there has to be someone available tomorrow if needed find out the name of the field officer responsible and we can all contact individually and pile on pressure. it makes me wonder what constitutes an emergency. my daughter whose 13 and a friend raised money for the ilph and she would be devestated to know this was going on assuming everyone does their best.

Fantasy_World

Visit site
'If we all chipped in a fiver or something we could all buy her, and perhaps she could live with a member as a companion?'
Although that sounds a very good idea -and I for one would happily give money to save this filly - it would not help bring a prosecution against the people that have not only allowed this filly to suffer but one's that have have come and gone before her and that is not including any future horses that would be in the care of these people.
I know this is a so hard situation.
My heart says rescue her no matter what method is used to secure her a safe future but my head is telling me that action needs to be taken against these people.
This case contravenes sections of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 and as such those responsible should be prosecuted. In particular now this filly has been moved to a field with no adequate food or water.
I know it is hard damned hard and I feel so bloody awful saying this but this filly does need to be rescued but not at the expense of losing a prosecution against these people.
Like I already said in an earlier post no individual or individuals should be treated as though they are above the law no matter to what section of the community they belong!
These people need to be made an example of under the new Act and as such their future involvement with horses and other equines ceased or at the very least limited for a certain time period.
Simply buying the filly from them will not save any other animals in their care either now or in the future from the same or similar fate.
The young filly that lost her life so tragically a few months ago would have died in vain if these people are allowed to 'get away with it' once more.
The most ideal outcome of this tragic event is for the filly to be signed over to a welfare organisation and admittance by the owners that they have failed under the Act to provide at least the very basic levels of care for this animal.
I know getting them to admit it would be equal to obtaining blood from a stone but if evidence can be gathered against them then that should hopefully secure a conviction.
By the filly being moved to a place that was even more inadequate in the first place they have in fact shown their true colours. These people know that individuals have seen this filly and her condition is of concern. They know what they are doing and have done is wrong which is why they have tried in in effect 'hide' her.
I agree as to what others have said and try not to leave any sign you have been there in that field with her.
As tempting as it may be to simply buy her and rescue her from this sad situation more benefit would be gained not only for her but thousands of abused equines the world over if she were to become the evidence in a case of cruelty and neglect brought about under the new Animal Welfare Act.
I would say carry on with what you are doing Lou and Tor because you are making everyone very proud of you x
Keep badgering the ILPH and if you need any help in doing this just say the word and I know I for one will be happy to help ( you can email me any details I may need before contacting the ILPH if you so wish)
This filly does need saving of that I am truly sure of but at the very same time these individuals need to be brought to justice and I truly hope they get just that!
Do be careful though please and like others have said don't put yourself in any danger. It is the welfare officers that should be acting on behalf of this filly because they have the powers to have police back up and you don't so please be very careful x
Please keep us informed.
My thoughts and hope are with you both and for the filly too x
Caroline

Visit site
i just cant believe how caring you all are. We took her some water this evening, she was very thirsty. well its not like she has had anything to drink for at least 12 hours. Its so cold out tonight and we just had to leave her with no rug on, i felt so sad for her. I know that the ilph seem a bit more interested in it all now, but that is only because we threatened to go to the press. i do not think that anything will be done, these people will will not cooperate and if the ilph say that they will give them another week or two, which they will. i just know that they will take her away again and hide her somewere that we dont even know about, and we will never see her again, that is what i am most worried about.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Lou & Tor. I agree with Cazee whole heartedly, although we all want to rescue her (and a whip round etc etc would be fab), this will not get any of there other horses of the hook now, or in the future.

If we could all get together and badger the ILPH, especially the people who raise money for them and tell them to do something NOW or we go to the press, then we could have a very happy ending for this filly within a couple of days.

Would anyone be prepared to draft an e-mail on everyones behalf so that we could copy and paste and send to the ILPH?

Gonetofrance

Visit site
Good luck with her, I know exactly how you feel. As long as she has no clean water or hay/grass, the ILPH are legally within their rights to remove her.
If she is seen to have water and a food source, they won't.
I hope to god they take her.......

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Bullocks to the law - I say steal her. I'll take her in and hang the consequences. They don't know where I live in any case. The authorities? They are not going to do anything about prosecuting a bunch of gyppos no matter how many blasted e-mails we write.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
Nothing was done last time, was it?

Bless you, Lou and Tor, I am praying for a mild night and some positive action in the morning. And I'm absolutely up for the chip in........... We could have her in a shift system!

Llwyncwn

Visit site
My God you have got Balls
shocked.gif
and I like you! Wish I could bloody remember what your name was before you changed it
tongue.gif

ETS they do know where you live! North of Watford
grin.gif