We have lost a foal....

happyhack

Visit site
12:30 this morning my friends 14.3hh mare foaled.

The filly was born blind and potentially deaf too. She wouldnt/couldnt suckle. There was one of us either side trying to get filly to suckle but she just couldnt do it Vet came out and confirmed this and advised the kindest thing to do would be put her to sleep. So she has gone.

The colustrum(sp.) has been frozen. And the foal is with the mare to aid the grieving process.

If anybody knows of any orphaned foals that arent too far from Shenley, Herts, PLEASE email me:
deanne.naylor@gmail.com. I will not be back on here until later, but emails come through to my blackberry.

This is the mares 3rd foal. She is registered with the national foaling bank and we have a team of people calling every equine person we know ATM to keep their ears open for us.

Thanks

Enfys

Visit site
I am so sorry to read this, horribly sad and disappointing to have waited all this time to have a non-viable foal.

I hope the mare recovers quickly and that perhaps if a foster foal is found that may be some small consolation. I am always in awe of mare owners who are selfless enough to offer to part with their mares for the duration to help others, especially at such a sad time.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
My mare lost one of her foals and it was very sad but the following year she had a healthy foal and when another mare died after foaling she adopted it and had her own and her adopted foal at foot.

Good Luck.

happyhack

Visit site
Thanks for your replies

The mare is still in with the foal, its been about 18 hours since she was PTS.

As it stands the mare is still available as a foster mum so please please could everyone keep their ears to the ground, and keep bumping this post.

Thanks

happyhack

Visit site
Thanks for your replies

The mare is still in with the foal, its been about 18 hours since she was PTS.

As it stands the mare is still available as a foster mum so please please could everyone keep their ears to the ground, and keep bumping this post.

Thanks

happyhack

Visit site
We have been in contact with the foaling bank they are aware of our situation too so its a waiting game with them now.

Oh and the foal has been named. She is called Paquita, which means free in spanish. She was out of a Paso Fino and by an Andalusian. Its just the perfect name. It sounds delicate and special at the same time as having the perfect meaning.

Elsbells

Visit site
My mare lost one of her foals and it was very sad but the following year she had a healthy foal and when another mare died after foaling she adopted it and had her own and her adopted foal at foot.

Good Luck.

Thanks for that, now I feel all emotional!!:(

That has to be kismet.:D:D