We Lost an Oldie yesterday

WoopsiiD

summerfieldstables.weebly.com
Sadly yesterday the sanctuary had to say goodbye to its eldest resident Min. At 35 she let the manager know she had had enough and lay down and wouldn't get up.
A vet was called and it was agreed that Min wanted to go surrounded by love, warmth, compassion and people who she genuine tears of loss.
I'm posting this here as some folk know of the person who had neglected Min and her companion and let them get into a state that Min was close to death on the day she arrived at the sanctuary.
I won't post names but just to let you know that these 2 were 2 of the lucky ones and Mins companion will serve out his days fed and warm and slowly learning to trust again.
I know we can't change the lives of all animals in need but I'd like to think that Min and her friend had their lives changed for the better.

Run Free Min and thank you for showing us that with a little love and compassion trust can be regained.

JustKickOn

Visit site
Oh how sad. Sometimes they give us the simplest of messages. At least she went in a loving environment, surrounded by people who loved her.

Sleep tight Min.

gingerarab

Visit site
I lost my 41 yr old shetland in the spring and a 29 yr old heavy horse in november, both rescue horses who lived that last 20 yrs of their lives in absolute comfort, its really hard to loose them you just have to take comfort in the fact you gave them your best !