We survived.....

ann-jen

Visit site
In fact she stormed round!
So that's our first hunter trial under our belt!
She stepped back going into the water so we got penalties for that, but aside from that she never put a foot wrong. Even the two very wide tables didn't phase her at all. There were a few pony club kicks going on at times I can tell you lol....more from my nerves than her actually needing it!
Don't think my old lady knows her age! (Nearly 20) so she won't Bsja anymore but think have found her a job she likes as much! :)

anna22

Visit site
Good going! I have a 20yo ex-SJ who I am attempting to event... tomorrow is D-Day!! :) Well done, a big change from coloured poles in an arena, she did well :)

Fides

Visit site
Can I just ask what exactly is hunter trials? Always wondered but felt too stupid to ask...

ann-jen

Visit site
Ljr we did she was fab :) and the step back at the water was tiny so can't even be cross with her for that. She was great.
Fides .... Hunter trials are like the cross country element of eventing. Just no dressage or show jumping to contend with! There's usually an optimum time or a timed section to decide the placings :)

Fides

Visit site
Ljr we did she was fab :) and the step back at the water was tiny so can't even be cross with her for that. She was great.
Fides .... Hunter trials are like the cross country element of eventing. Just no dressage or show jumping to contend with! There's usually an optimum time or a timed section to decide the placings :)

Ahhhhh That sounds like fun! I love XC schooling but have always found ODE very stressful with the 3 elements...

ann-jen

Visit site
There was a photographer there. Can't wait to see the pics although usually I'm pulling some sort of award winning gurning face on pro pics lol. Maybe able to supply a link when he uploads them :)
Fides def give it a go was great fun :)