Weatherbeeta Taka Rant.......Rambling Sorry

smallgirl

Visit site
Hi all

Right, I have a 5'6 WB Arion combo which fits my boy perfectly, so I thought..........I'd get him the Taka Contour as its the same but with a bit more filling...................oh how wrong was I!!!!

First off the 5'6 didn't fit him at all sooooo sent it back and had a 5'9 arrive, fitted it and turned him out in it this morning.

Went to get him in this evening and it had slipped back and was rubbing his chest, I don't think it is the way I fitted it so I can only guess that they are more different than I thought, what annoyed me is the size difference though and it got me thinking that almost all rug makes have their own sizes rather than them all being the same for 5'9 for example.

And would people recommend the Horseware Rambo Supreme as a replacement?

Rant Over
smile.gif

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Would definately go for a Rambo Supreme (I replaced my Taka with one!!!). Brought a 6'6" Taka Contour Combo for my mare which looked like it fitted perfectly when tried on in the stable. Rug slipped back and not only rubbed chest, but also rubbed hair from loins on her back within 2 days. Horse was living out, but rug was being adjusted 3 times a day. Have never used it again, just gutted I didn't go for the Supreme in the 1st place.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
I dont particularly get on very well with the WB rugs as i seem to have several issues with them in the past so these days I just stick with Horsewear.

The Rambo supreme is fab (my boy has just switched over to his from his MW t/o) - I honestly cant fault it. Mines on its third winter now (although it was used outside on year 1, inside on year 2 and is now back as a t/o) and it still came back from the cleaners looking like new.

The oooonly thing I would perhaps mention is IF you need slightly more flexibility, the duo is not much more money than the rambo supreme and you'll get a MW turnout out of it as well. However... the duo doesnt have a padded neck and can be slightly more fiddly than the supreme.

Im sure you'd be delighted with the supreme though! I certainly am!

smallgirl

Visit site
Thanks for the help guys, esp piebaldsparkle, that is exactly what is hapening to mine, I am just so dissapointed but ah well it means i get to go rug shopping again mwahhh haaahaaah.........

Not keen on the Duo as the rug underneath isn't shaped so the mud can get in.

Thanks again guys,

mrgoop

Visit site
I had a Taka, and it fitted my big lad badly, he had rubs on his shoulders, missing mane, It fitted lamely at the front and always slipped. I swear by Premiere Equestrian for rugs, they are generous, well fitting and never moved an inch on my boy. Not to mention they are half the price of the Taka