webuyyourhorse.com AD>>>>>

Queenbee

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/clas...h/doncaster/we-buy-your-horse-com-495823.html

https://www.webuyyourhorse.com/

hmm, anyone heard of these? Not that I am in the market to sell, but then what? I see nothing of what then...

They say 'we are not agents' they do not indicate what then happens to the horse... bit iffy for a H&H ad, or is that just my suspicious mind expecting that they probably end up as dog food.

Perhaps they are a really good company who find homes for the horses, but I would think that if this were the case they would promote that on their website.

Has anyone come across them/heard about them before?

sarahann1

Visit site
Never heard of them and not a cat in hells chance I'd sell my horse to them! No details whatsoever about where your horse goes afterwards. I find it difficult to believe this is anything other than a scam.

Queenbee

Visit site
Never heard of them and not a cat in hells chance I'd sell my horse to them! No details whatsoever about where your horse goes afterwards. I find it difficult to believe this is anything other than a scam.

I agree, it sounds as if they go for meat.

Definitely nothing good for the horse coming out of that one :(

I know :( don't like seeing it advertised on H&H either. Well, don't like seeing it advertised anywhere to be honest.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I suppose for people who don't give a ***** what happens to them it would be ideal especially once you read the testimonials from happy clients:( I find it all really sad to be honest it's sort of putting them in the same light as selling a car or house which is just wrong.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
No address or contact details on website and nothing registered at Companies House. I would think they are just dodgy dealers trying a new concept. Buyer Beware as always and very sadly there will be plenty of horses for webuyyourhorse.com to buy.

Tyssandi

Veteran
Visit site
Dodgy with a capital D

I think H&H should reserch before letting them advertise - sounds like something like Jamie G* would do

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Well..they are not hiding anything are they? With that informative and detailed website. Poor horses and shameful owners :(

RaposadeGengibre

Visit site
Jeez.... "We value your horse in minutes.." "No matter waht age..."
With photos nicked from net, no details whatsoever (of course "due to large number of inquiries...").... They are not shipped to France, are they?

TGM

Visit site
Wouldn't be surprised if they dope them up, bute them up, take a few photos of people standing on their backs, then sell as 'perfect beginner's ride'. :(

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I wouldn't do either, but it's probably better than taking them to a low end auction, and a lot less effort. Whatever we think of them, people do use those auctions, so there's a market for this service.

Leo Walker

Visit site
No address or contact details on website and nothing registered at Companies House. I would think they are just dodgy dealers trying a new concept. Buyer Beware as always and very sadly there will be plenty of horses for webuyyourhorse.com to buy.

Yup. I know who this is. They are low end dealers. I doubt they offer more than a pittance and I suspect anything that they cant sell quickly does end up at a low end sale

Luci07

Visit site
Yup. I know who this is. They are low end dealers. I doubt they offer more than a pittance and I suspect anything that they cant sell quickly does end up at a low end sale

I am interested as saw a very nice horse for sale (big warmblood) at a fair price but when I googled the number, it came up with the we buy any horse number. I can find nothing about what sort of dealer they are so on that basis...gave said horse a big swerve.

AFB

Visit site
Now I don't know the area so correct me if I'm wrong, but a quick Google shows me it's registered to Leger Way, Doncaster - the only search results that come up for Leger Way are the racecourse.

Dodgy much?

Queenbee

Visit site
I wouldn't do either, but it's probably better than taking them to a low end auction, and a lot less effort. Whatever we think of them, people do use those auctions, so there's a market for this service.

How do you work that out?

You either sell via a low end auction and they get picked up and taken god knows where to god knows what end

or

sell to this site and they get picked up and taken god knows where to god knows what end

how the hell is this 'probably better'??

pennyturner

Visit site
You know, if there were such a service, properly regulated, it would solve a huge problem. Yes, lots would go for meat. Is that so bad? The worst outcome for a horse sold through auction / dodgy dealer is that they have a genuine issue that is hidden before they are sold on. This could be eliminated by setting up a reputable outfit. (not saying this one isn't - it might be, for all I know).

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
How do you work that out?

You either sell via a low end auction and they get picked up and taken god knows where to god knows what end

or

sell to this site and they get picked up and taken god knows where to god knows what end

how the hell is this 'probably better'??

The horse doesn't go to an auction. Cattle market auctions aren't nice.

It has one less journey.

It isn't badly cared for by an owner who wants rid of it for however many days/weeks they have to wait for the auction.

Like it or not, some people do dump their horses when they don't want them any more. This way is better than all the others I can think of, with the possible exception of the owner driving it straight to an abattoir themself.

Last edited: