Wedding pictures with your horses...

Sophie123

Visit site
In light of a recent thread, I would love to see some photo's of people with their horses on their wedding day...

I have always planned to have my horse at my wedding, I think its such a lovely thing to do, and makes looking back at the photo's that bit more special....

Thanks!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
When my friend got married we surprised her by taking her show cob to the Abbey it was lovely :). He was a bit spooky about her dress billowing about but otherwise behaved impeccably.

itsonlyme

Visit site
Here's some of mine

LC132_edited-1.jpg

LC115_edited-1.jpg

LC156_edited-1-Copy-Copy.jpg

LC136_edited-1.jpg

Sophie123

Visit site
Stencil Face and Itsonlyme - what beautiful pictures, really really beautiful.

Itsonlyme- I LOVE the matching headcollar and leadope!

Stencil Face - the picture with you walking towards the guests is wonderful.

What was it like having your horse/s there? Did it make the day extra special?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Definitely - my grin when I saw him stretched right off my face I think! Made the guests day too, all the little girls got to pat him, and I don't think many of the guests had seen a horse at a wedding before that the bride sat on!

I did do some homework in the months leading up to it mounting off a stable ladder in a huge taffeta charity dress to practise. I paid someone to prepare and transport him for me which worked well as I wanted all the other capable people as guests :)

Sophie123

Visit site
Definitely - my grin when I saw him stretched right off my face I think! Made the guests day too, all the little girls got to pat him, and I don't think many of the guests had seen a horse at a wedding before that the bride sat on!

I did do some homework in the months leading up to it mounting off a stable ladder in a huge taffeta charity dress to practise. I paid someone to prepare and transport him for me which worked well as I wanted all the other capable people as guests :)

I think I would probably start crying with happiness on my wedding day if I arrived on Winston!

Good idea about paying someone, takes all the stress away from you having to do anything.

Did you plan on having a dress which you could 'ride' in, or did you have to change your ideal dress design to suit being on horseback?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I did kind of plan my dress around being sat on a horse (involved lots of squatting whilst in wedding shops :D ) but I kept my hoop skirt on whilst onboard, it just kind of pushed up and sat across my legs :)

Thanks AmyMay and Squizz :)

Blythwind

Visit site
Absolutely gorgeous photos. I love the matching head collars and leadropes too!

If I ever get married, I want both of my horses there. Failing that, I will get dressed up again after the event, and go down and have photos with them at home.

I bet the photographer loved the horses - its a break from their usual wedding shots!

CrazyMare

Visit site
Oh and I have 4 horses between us so have already decided this wouldn't be possible. We are considering the ideas of pictures after the day though. Particularly as my homebred 4yr old was at the middle of his proposal!!

SNORKEY

Visit site
Ive been married for over two years now and I couldn't take my horse to my weddign but planned to have pics back at home on him in my wedding dress ( its still waiting to be cleaned as well!) I didn't get around to it, and now im 7 months pregnant, so im going to make a real effort to get the pics done after ive had baby and im back in the saddle, I can also have pics of our baby and me standing next to my horse as well.

Nic

Visit site
Stunning pics, Itsonlyme, Stencilface & Wimbles.

I'd love to have mine involved in my wedding but I think only 1 of them would be sensible enough to be near a poofy white dress!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
They're lovely.

We were meant to have done that - our photographer wanted to come back the day after the wedding and have hubby and I riding together on our horses in our wedding clothes, but the day after it was torrential rain so we had to cancel. Four years later we have still not got round to it!

Sophie123

Visit site
They're lovely.

We were meant to have done that - our photographer wanted to come back the day after the wedding and have hubby and I riding together on our horses in our wedding clothes, but the day after it was torrential rain so we had to cancel. Four years later we have still not got round to it!

Ah Honey, that's a real shame. Bloody typical weather ey :(

I definitely want some pics of both me and hubby to be/hubby riding along suited and booted!