Wednesdays Cheltenham thread

Visit site
It's all about the Queen Mother Champion Chase tomorrow! And there are too many horses to choose from!!!

Do you go for Dodging Bullets - ever improving? Champagne Fever - from the indestructible Walsh/Mullins bulldozer? Mr Mole - the reformed character? Sire De Grugy - the defending champ? Sizing Europe - the evergreen veteran who pulls it out of the bag on the big stage? Or Sprinter Sacre - the special one out to prove he is back to his scarily amazing best?

Personally I am all for Sire De Grugy and Sizing Europe - love the old boy!

Mariposa

Visit site
My heart is with Sprinter Sacre, but my head says Sire de Grugy after that phenomenal performance last time out!

A1fie

Visit site
I love Sire De Grugy too and will be willing him on. Just slightly worried though that his last run was a bit too close

TelH

Visit site
My heart is also with Sprinter. At his very best I don't think there is a horse that could touch him over 2m. However, I do worry that his very best days might already be behind him.

Kadastorm

Visit site
I love sprinter and champagne fever but have gone with sire de grugy on my free bet accumulator today. Love that I can sit and watch today whilst preparing for my presentation tomorrow 😊 xx

PorkChop

Visit site
Sprinter for me :)

Have done the housework and now sitting down to watch for the afternoon :) inbetween attending to two of my bitches that were spayed yesterday - still very sleepy :)

Visit site
CF was bitten on the lip in transit, has worked the last few days at Cheltenham but Mullins isn't wanting to risk him.

Hmmm maybe me having a suspicious mind but not many people would pull out of the biggest race of the day with a bloody good chance of winning it for a cut lip. Or maybe I am just a bit more brutal. The owner/trainer/jockey combo arent exactly lacking horses this week!

Chiffy

Visit site
Hi everyone, I am watching too. If CF only has a slight injury I am glad he isn't running. One less Mullins horse! I have no objection to them but its nice to spread the prizes.
I will be quite happy if Sprinter Sacre, Sire de Grugy or Dodging Bullets wins. I might even cheer for Mr Mole.
You can tell I am not a betting person!

Mariposa

Visit site
I've just seen this online - that must be why he was ridden in a headcollar this morning! So disappointing.

The mystery is solved! I was watching it wondering why on earth he was in a headcollar! Very sad that he is out but least its nothing too serious.

Visit site
I had the 2nd placed horse in the first race but apart from that all my bets have gone awry so far! My heart will be screaming for Sizing Europe!

amage

Visit site
I had the 2nd placed horse in the first race but apart from that all my bets have gone awry so far! My heart will be screaming for Sizing Europe!

Same here I absoutely adore Europe. Have a small ew bet on him more for sentiments sake than anything. He's been an incredible servant and is a credit to Henry and his team

scotlass

Visit site
Gutsy performances by the first three home. Relieved Sire de Grugy stayed on for 4th. Can't help but feel worried for Sprinter Sacre every time he sets foot on a race course these days, particularly now that Barry Geraghty has confirmed he thinks he needs vet checked.

Visit site
Fair play to Somersby - taken his owners to the Festival every year and in top 7 bar an unseat every year for 7 years. Always just beaten in the top races but always always bring prize money home!

I hope Sprinter Sacre is now retired before he hurts himself. Never jumping, never travelling. Equally Sizing Europe deserves an honourable retirement now. He has won 8 Grade 1's and 22 races in total.

armchair_rider

Visit site
Great race. I'm quite sad that Somersby didn't win because he's been such a wonderful hrse but Dodging Bullets was a very deserving winner. I wonder what they will do with Sire de Grugy now, he ran well enough at Chepstow to suggest it would be worth bringing him back next season. But I think retirement beckons for Sprinter Sacre