Wee Burgie

Jnhuk

Visit site
Never been to Wee Burgie before but heard such good things about the event in previous years, scored off the day before at work so can head up, and support the event this year since not been able to make the other two earlier events.

Never stayed overnight at any event before so looking forward to it. :)

Folks that have been before, can they give me info and what facilities are like etc... Horse getting a lift in a friend's horsebox but we will need to take a tent and camp. Do folks camp or do most stay in horses boxes or find local B&Bs? Have booked stabling with entry for the Fri and Sat nights.

Any tips appreciated especially on some of the small things that make a difference rather than the obvious ones.

Will also post this in CR.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

EventingMum

Visit site
From my experience you should get stabled on site if you've booked early. I've seen people camping in the lorry park there so shouldn't be a problem. The facilities are limited, there are showers but they're a bit hit or miss as far as hot water /temperature adjustment goes and are fairly basic. There are also adequate toilets although again pretty old and basic. There are usually catering vans on the day but it's a smaller event than the summer one and so there is unlikely to be anything available outwith the actual event times. It's also not near any shops etc so you'd be best to take all you need with you if don't have transport. I'd found wee Burgie is often quite cold and windy so plenty of warm clothes would be advisable.

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Thanks EM - will make sure we take all food. I don't think we'll be taking a car as we can all fit in the lorry on the way up. (The dog might not be too impressed with two bodies in the front though!) :)

MagicMelon

Visit site
As EM says really. Make sure you get onsite stabling, you should easily get as not that many people stable for the autumn event which is a lot smaller than the summer one. Burgie's a great venue, its my "local". There is a restaurant nearby and towns like Elgin and Forres aren't that far away. Its been a dry summer up here (compared to usual) so hopefully the weather will be good for it. Good luck! Wish I was competing :(

Are you doing Aswanley as well?

Jnhuk

Visit site
As EM says really. Make sure you get onsite stabling, you should easily get as not that many people stable for the autumn event which is a lot smaller than the summer one. Burgie's a great venue, its my "local". There is a restaurant nearby and towns like Elgin and Forres aren't that far away. Its been a dry summer up here (compared to usual) so hopefully the weather will be good for it. Good luck! Wish I was competing :(

Are you doing Aswanley as well?

We should hope to have onsite stabling as booked sharply. Hoping the weather will be kind too. Have a neice who handily lives in Elgin so she has offered us emergency accommodation if the weather is dire but would prefer to be onsite.

No to Aswanley unfortunately as opted to go to Drumclog and Hutton on the weekends either side of it plus it is the same weekend as our RC annual show which I will be needed to help set up etc...

EventerBarbie

Visit site
Burgie is lovely event - think the thought is always that the course is a fair test especially the Novice but Burgie 1 was softer this year with the main Burgie 2 being more tricky so not sure if you wer planning BE100 or Nov? I'm giving Lolas first Novice a bash at Wee Burgie as been round the 100 twice already and did the open at a RC ODE the other week which was ran over most of the Novice track and that went Ok - eeek!!! Really friendly well run event though and always good company stabling overnight. The onsite stabling is good as all inside and close to everything :) x

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
Hello Eventer Barbie - I'm larry's mum :)

jnhuk heading up to do BE80 and although I was thinking about the Novice I've decided to stick with the 100 for this season. want our last run to be a nice one.

can't wait :D