Wee Dog

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Gosh. She's been here for a week today!

Things are going well (fingers remain tightly crossed!).

The growling at the others has almost completely gone ?. She's mixing in with them and almost played with one of the Grotties yesterday.

Recall is still an issue 75% of the time. She'll just roll onto her back, or be onto a Sniff! ?. Working on it by teaching her the 'come here now all of you and get a treat' word. I'm considering training classes when they start up again.

Found out she can climb / jump when D had her in her outdoor pen at the field ?. He was in the paddock poo picking, turned round to find her just outside the paddock gateway, so a bit of chicken wire now forms a lid on it.

She's met the horses and has stopped shaking at the sight of them. No snapping or snarling.

They all, for some reason best known to themselves, had a momentary bounce at the cat one evening. They were all told what I thought to that! Although admittedly my money would be on the cat... They've not done it since, however wee dog is staying penned at night as I don't want to run the risk of anything stupid happening.

So, all in all, she's fitting in nicely. Can't wait 'till she has some muscle and we can walk across the field with her off the lead.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Brilliant update!
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before:

I had a friend who took her JRT to boarding kennels and was asked if it was a digger or a climber, because they had different accommodation, depending on the answer.

We had 2, one of each. The climber once spotted the Ford Fiesta parked alongside the stable block, climbed up the bumper onto the bonnet, up the wind-screen onto the roof, from there she jumped onto the stable roof, ran across the roof, jumped down onto the dry-stone wall at the other side of the building and ran off across the field. Needless to say, her sister, the digger, followed her.

misst

Visit site
She's wormed her way in already :). Love little terriers. I had a digger who teamed up with my sons JRT who also dug. They had an ongoing "project" in the woods behind where he used to clayshoot - It was a series of tunnels and mounds they revised weekly until someone sprained an ankle - they were politely asked to stop. My husband "taught" her to dig holes for him to plant things in in the garden - why would you encourage that?!! He then complained when she dug things up again.... Sons dog climbed a tree to try for a squirrel and used to follow him up the loft ladder into the loft but could not get down again.
The new girlie seems to be neither digger nor climber but is concentrating on annoying us with barking :) which she is very profficient at.
Mrs. M you are in for sooo much fun!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Thank you all :D

Today they ran together and played! So funny seeing the big ones trying not hurt the wee one, though I'm not sure she was returning the compliment! Bit over-excited ? But she calmed down. Still not grand at single recall though she's learning the key word ?

I took a video. There might be some expletives as I wanted her back before the horses started running. If it's clean I'll try and get it on here ??

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That's lovely news!

Our digger JRT loved to 'garden', she was also very keen on the taste of cabbage. YOu can imagine what happened when we decided to plant some ornamental (purple) cabbages! She would follow you round if you were planting small plants and pull them backup again. She thought we were mad to struggle with dandelions etc with their long roots. :D

Blanche

Down the road,up the hill,second gate on the left
Visit site
I do think Squee was a better option than that weird squiggle thing though ?

I’d just got it into my head that you were not Splotchy but Lev. I may be calling you Lev for sometime to come. Please refrain from anymore name changes for the moment, it addles my brain.o_O