Weeing on the lorry

Lady Tinseltime

Visit site
I have owned my gelding for nearly 7 years and he has only had a wee on the lorry once in this time. Quite often comes down the ramp and has a wee immediately he gets off. On our last 4 outings he has had a wee on the lorry on the way home. Obviously I would prefer that he didn't but if a boy's gotta go he's gotta go!! Not a big fan of bedding in horseboxes but if so what bedding - or maybe I should wash it out with Jeyes or similar in case he can smell a wee smell. Answers/suggestions on a postcard please. Should add he is a horse who doesn't mind weeing on a concrete yard etc

Hackback

Visit site
I just throw a tub of shavings/sawdust around the poo/wee area to absorb any wetness and obviously clean out after every trip.

Have you tested for Cushings?

terrierliz

Visit site
Second the Cushings testing. Two of mine will pee in a bucket when they get on, rarely when they are travelling. If the journey is longer than 90 minutes I’ll put shavings down to absorb anything as I don’t like to keep washing the floor.

cowgirl16

Visit site
I always used shavings to soak it up. Then wash out with disinfectant. Having said that - my hubby was brilliant with my boy - he'd just take him for a little walk before loading, and he'd pee for him. Never worked for me though. Must be a man thing!