Pictures Week 3 progress with the palomino

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Some big successes this week.

I’ve managed to get her moved onto a more sensible field, which is grazed by day by the ponies. She and the thoroughbred are on it at night and in during the day. She’s already looking less like a ballon-animal, thank goodness.

I’ve been working with her within sight of the thoroughbred and he’s getting better with her leaving so potentially next week we can leave him behind. For those of you who didn’t see the last update- the groom wasn’t happy for me to take her out and leave him alone (even with other horses in the next field) so we haven’t managed to leave the yard yet.

She is just fantastic to do anything with. She’s interested and engaged but not nervy or silly. If she’s really unsure the worst I get is big eyes and a few snorts. She’s had front boots and overreach boots on now, and other than walking like she’s in space for a few minutes, she just handled it all like a pro. I think that given how short in the back she is, they might be necessary if she attempts anything more athletic when we start doing more.

She’s also just been the most fantastic escape this week, as my father is very ill and we’ve had a difficult time. She’s the happiest, sweetest little soul and she just gives you such a break from reality and really makes you smile.

1881958A-0D71-419F-8F06-38D0F8EA4BCD.jpeg

Shady

Visit site
She really is lovely LG and it's great to hear how well she's doing. I looked at her bloodlines and agree with Pinks, some very nice horses there, especially Balaton. Loving the short back( hehe) good move booting her but I can say that mine has a shorter back again and iv'e never had a problem with over reach so hopefully neither will you.
I'm really sorry about your dad too . I found amazing comfort with my Shadow when I lost my dad. xxx

silv

Visit site
She is lovely, I have a real soft spot for palominos. I am guessing your husband is quite smitten with her! Sorry about your dad, horses are just the best escape.