Weekend plans for 1st weekend in November

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Anyone got plans?
I'll be pootling on Saturday and then doing a sj clinic at a reasonably local venue I've not yet jumped B at. Super arena and fences but haven't been able to book slots previously and comps there have collided with other stuff, so am very much looking forward to this session ?
Will be my last training session this year as she's getting next week off, then only light hacking till the end of the year..... at least that's my thoughts at present!

j1ffy

Visit site
Have fun jumping TFF!

Not as much riding as I'd like due to various personal / social commitments.

But very excitingly I'm visiting a horse box manufacturer on Saturday morning! My 7.5T is super-reliable, very solid and compact and even tricky travellers seem to love it...but I would like a different 'living' arrangement and also I just fancy treating myself so I'm looking at having a 4.5T built :D It would be the most I've spent on anything other than a house so feeling a bit 'eek' about that!

teapot

Visit site
Enjoy FF! Happy spending j1ffy!

Once I stop muttering about how cold it's got, I've got two lessons. Am being brave and riding with other people for a flat lesson o_O and then a private to follow. Not sure whether I'll flat again or dare consider leaving the ground! Think will depend on how body's feeling and horse allocations. Last time I rode back to back it was massive struggle health wise, so six months on am just going to see how it goes, and try to enjoy.

GinaGeo

Visit site
Taking two for dressage lessons with a new trainer. Hoping I like her. I haven't had a flat lesson in person for about two years now as haven't found somebody I wanted to go to since my last trainer moved to deepest darkest Devon. But also really want pushing forwards and some eyes on the ground with the youngster.

I love to understand a system, see how it all links together, and want a really consistent approach. The last chap deconstructed my entire approach to schooling horses, with attention to the smallest details, and by golly I found him fascinating to listen to. His system really worked for me and my horses. Unfortunately, he's now over five hours away and still isn't teaching in person even if I did make a weekend of it. I've finally bitten the bullet and we are going to somebody new.

I do know I like the system she teaches, which is why we're going. But just hoping I like her as a trainer.

scats

Visit site
I’ve got the weekend off!!! :D
My grooming blades are going off tomorrow for sharpening (before the Christmas madness!) and won’t be back til Saturday afternoon so I blocked the diary out from tomorrow lunchtime. Heaven!
I’ve started riding in the mornings so will carry on over the weekend and make the most of the morning light to hack out. I’ve got the chiro tomorrow afternoon and then my honorary nieces 2nd birthday party on Sunday.

Nicnac

Visit site
SJ clinic Saturday and pootle in the park on Sunday with OH, shitland and dog.

Sounds like lots of training going on! J1FFY I'm also looking at downsizing as currently have a big Prestige 7.5t with full living and just don't need it now I am down to one horse and the shitland. I was thinking a Trophy Twin or similar but I want/need a rear ramp for various reasons.

j1ffy

Visit site
SJ clinic Saturday and pootle in the park on Sunday with OH, shitland and dog.

Sounds like lots of training going on! J1FFY I'm also looking at downsizing as currently have a big Prestige 7.5t with full living and just don't need it now I am down to one horse and the shitland. I was thinking a Trophy Twin or similar but I want/need a rear ramp for various reasons.

I’m going to Freddie Gover - a few friends have one and they’re well-built and nicely designed. Will report back!

Nicnac

Visit site
I’m going to Freddie Gover - a few friends have one and they’re well-built and nicely designed. Will report back!

I know Freddie well as competes locally and two friends have had boxes built by him. I would love one of his - they're not cheap though!

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
OH has spontaneously offered to walk with pony and me to explore the local bridleways. He’s NEVER offered before so I can only assume he’s done something awful I don’t know about yet and is sweetening me up.

Pony really needs a clip but that requires washing her and I really really can’t be bothered!

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I've got a long weekend and actually some horse plans.

Dressage lesson tomorrow, which is a continual wip, but actually made some recently which is nice.

Then Saturday I have signed up for a 'How to fly maybe with your horse' clinic, otherwise known as hedge hopping. Lost all signs of the bravery I had when i put my name down so we'll see how that goes. :D

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
This is getting to be a boring response - i'm going to BD for the 4th weekend on the trot (having not done it in 12 months) in order to try and get our last Ele point for area festivals!

I've already been out with both boys for a jumping lesson yesterday, so keeping ourselves busy.

Meanwhile I also need to wage war on the mouse that seems to have moved into my horsebox. It must leave before it does significant damage - any tips??!!

Nicnac

Visit site
Meanwhile I also need to wage war on the mouse that seems to have moved into my horsebox. It must leave before it does significant damage - any tips??!!

My rats and mice have gone off PB but mealworms caught me a rat in the chicken shed trap today. Mice don't like mint so I put polos around the horsebox

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well, because win a mad lady I’m carting 2 horses off show jumping. Husband is responsible for the baby wrangling and I have a friend coming to help with the horses.

Henry hasn’t been out show jumping in a year, but he’ll be fine. He’s got springs at home.

I don’t usually take them out together because Henry has separation anxiety but he’s more grown up now and it’s a small venue so he won’t be far away which I’m hoping will work out in our favour. Plus I’m a better rider and not scared of him anymore. If not I’ll know for sure and won’t have the same madness.

I’m really excited and only a little bit nervous.
FCA1BE30-A0E1-4063-88A6-0477095096B4.jpeg

Bernster

Visit site
Lovely positive post there AE.

I've got a 4.5t from Freddie Gover. It’s a great build although the paintwork isn’t good. I think mine must be an exception as I haven’t heard anyone else having an issue with paint.

Off to cholsey for a hack on Saturday. It was supposed to be 5 of us but it’s down to 2 due to rider, horse, or towing vehicle issues. Horses eh. Taking my two horses and riding with a friend. Should be nice for them both to get a run out. weather Forecast looks ok ?

Making slow but stready ish progress with the Bertster - I wouldn’t canter in the school as it was too hairy but we’ve now got a lovely consistent trot, transitions are improving (he tends to dive onto the forehand in the downward), and the main issue now is the downward transition from canter and getting the trot back afterwards.

Feeling much better generally with Bertie. Still a lot to work on and it will be a while before I feel ready to venture out to comps but I feel like we can get there. I had moments in the early days where I really wants sure if we’d be ok!

j1ffy

Visit site
Bernster - thanks for that feedback. I know a few people with FG and none with paint issues, sounds like you've been unlucky :( How have they been with the after-sales? Have they helped with the paint issue?

Snuck out of work early enough for a hack yesterday. Chilli was lovely, the colours in the vale were beautiful as we headed towards sunset. I had to go and change Pocholo's rug so grabbed a couple of photos:

Autumn at SH.jpg

Pocholo looking cosy:
Autumn at SH Pocholo.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Comms wasn’t his strongest point with my build! I sent pictures and asked what I could do about it but got no reply. It happened within a year of the build, possibly earlier actually. I didn’t push it to be fair as I’m a bit lax like that. I really should have put a formal compliant/request in. It will need a repaint if I were to sell it on. But overall he does have a good rep and the box works well otherwise.

Alibear

Visit site
Operation hack is a go, teaching Yo how to tack up western today so she can try the first fully solo hacks for me as I know I'm not the right person for that. Amber's solo hacked with the people who backed and rode on her for me. So it should be fine but with YO up there the first few times at home, she'll definitely get the right answer should she question anything. Sunday hubby has offered to walk out with us to see how we go.
Saturday I'm actually having my hair cut for the first time since covid hit! :D

J_sarahd

Visit site
Tonight there are fireworks in the field behind us so all ponies are in, radio on, owners all there for the night to keep them calm. I’m really worried as my boy, even though he’s heard fireworks, has never heard any that close and he’s a bit of a wuss with sounds. I’ve given him calming powder in his feeds and one last dose in his tea tonight and lots of calming cookies on hand too.

Then, I’m hacking on Saturday and I might actually go in the school again on Sunday. Week 3 of his mini rehab is introducing schooling again with an aim to jump by 14th, all being well. I’m so excited to school him!

Non-horse-related: I’m seeing a puppy on Saturday. My OH and I are moving at the end of November so we can actually finally get a dog soon!

teapot

Visit site
Lessons were utter crackers :D Am so so so chuffed with both my brain and body, but also how both horses went.

One was completely new to me and I was just left to play and find his buttons. What a darling. Would have been a big ask in a private fairly recently, let alone an unknown group, and we bloody bossed it. Hopped off, had cuddles, found my second. Only ridden him once, and managed to crack on a lot quicker. Even more lateral work and some no stirrup work later, another horse going well in all three paces.

Got my mojo and enjoyment back :D Body feeling good too after 2hrs worth, or at least tonight. Ask me again tomorrow!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Well, we have had a great day!

Henry only got a little bit worried when Coolie called out to him but he settled very fast and ended up being his usual self which is a win in its own right.

Hen was up first in the 70. He put in a great, slightly rusty round to come 2nd! Very proud. In the 80 he had a rail at jump 1, my fault I under rode it but then the rest of the round was good. We have lots to smooth out but that’s to be expected. The main thing was he was calm, rideable and all the fillers were no big deal.

Coolie was his usual amazing self. He killed it in the 80, he came 2nd just pipped at the post by a few seconds. The 90 we ended with 2 rails he hardly touched, just a slightly bad line to one fence and he got a bit long in a related line. But he felt so so good out there!!

Can’t wait for next year now!
970185BA-BAB1-4DD2-ADA5-0240434BAE55.jpeg

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I mostly survived the hedge hopping! The jumping bit anyway. Had a very unfortunate slip over on the flat between fences resulting in both of us on the floor, but no harm done to him. I feel a bit stiff this morning, but definately walking wounded.

He had a fantastic time (too much of one at places!) and I got a little braver by the end...

IMG-20211106-WA0021.jpg

IMG-20211106-WA0018.jpg

Pippity

Visit site
She was so good in the school yesterday that today I decided, sod it, and took her out for her first solo hack. (I've led her out and ridden her back a few times, but this was her first one being ridden all the way.)

Getting off the yard was interesting, but she finally followed a car and, after that, she was pretty good. There were a few sticky moments where she just had to stand and think for a moment, but she walked past a horse heading in the opposite direction with no disagreements, and wasn't silly when cars went speeding past too close. All in all, there's a lot to work on but I'm really pleased with her.

I actually remembered to put my hat cam on, but the angle was so off that you can't see her ears in any of the videos, and what's the point of a photo without ears? So here she is walking round the yard to get back to her stable.

1636283203239.png