Weekend plans for 1st weekend in November

GinaGeo

Visit site
Cancelled lessons because I don’t want to travel them with the gusts we’ve got today. I was really looking forward to it - but it’s a long way on motorways I don’t know in especially windy weather. I’d never forgive myself if something happened.

Have taken up sulking instead. Should probably do some clipping to make the most of the afternoon. And then unpack the lorry I’ve spent the morning packing ?

Pippity

Visit site
The best kind of autumn hacking around the chilterns from cholsey farm. Two hour hack up and down some big hills. Great fattening work for the horses at least and a couple of really nice canter tracks. lovely weather and the autumn colours were at their best.

My horse is all in favour of fattening work! Not sure if she's so keen on fittening work, though!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have had THE most fabulous jumping lesson this morning. New to us arena, many jumps in it, excellent surface.
B was a blooming star, popped steadily and readily, earned lots of praise from coach (who had had the pleasure of us at an RC day camp back in summer) as to how much we must have worked as much more balanced and definitely in control.
Beautiful sunny (but chilly breeze)morning too.
I *think* that's the last one of the year I've planned in, but feel very uplifted at such a positive session ?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Schooled on Friday. Walked with OH and the dog for exercise on Saturday, and schooled today. Did some poles and popped over a small x-rail. I've never really done much much jumping on this horse because he's not very bold, quite looky, and I figured it wouldn't be his thing, even though he has nice form and can be relaxed about it after he gets over the initial dramatic reaction of "omg, it's a colored pole" so we've been playing with it some more and been having some fun. He's been chill about if and we've both liked a bit of a change from dressage (dressage kills me a bit mentally at times). So maybe, just maybe, we'll find our way around a very tiny course one day ? but it's all about fun and positivity with this.

Screenshot_20211107-175354_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20211107-175411_Gallery.jpg

BronsonNutter

Visit site
We survived! BabyTB got a bit wound up waiting at the 'meet' - fun ride set off from the hunt kennels so although the hounds weren't out she could hear them - culminating in doing a small rear then jet propelling herself off towards the other horses when they set off, but as soon as we were moving she settled straight away and happily bobbled along with her big ears waggling. Two hours of lovely hacking round in good company. I need to have a bit more faith in her behaviour (and my ability to just sit through any moments) because 99% of the time she is an angel.

I also managed to jump on from the ground solo (she is 16.2hh and I am vertically challenged) so maybe more hacking routes will be possible to us now (we have lots of gates)

scats

Visit site
Typically I ended up with a kidney infection on my first weekend off, so Friday I didn’t feel great but managed a morning ride, but had to cancel my chiro as the thought of anyone pummelling around my kidneys made me feel a bit ill!
Saturday I was out on the roads by 7.15am and then popped out to Charlie’s to pick up some things.
Today Millie had a day off and I went to my friends to celebrate my honorary nieces 2nd birthday.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
A weekend of 2 halves here. Got launched out of my stirrups at fence 2 of the 80cm and promptly hit the deck when he took a sharp right to avoid the arena wall (not really his fault, just one of those things). Not the round I wanted before our first 90cm ?

Did ask if I could jump round HC at the end but was told if I did that I’d have to pull out of the 90cm because I’d have an unfair advantage. Found that very frustrating, had a little cry, pulled myself together and decided to just go for the 90cm.

Glad we did as he was absolutely mega! Jumped a brilliant round for a DC and 2nd place! Just 2 time faults for going too slow, but I did trot to the last as it was a rather uninviting skinny in the middle of the arena. Wasn’t needed as he jumped it perfectly, but know we could easily gain that time back next time. So happy, and gave me so much confidence. First 90cm round in over 5 years completed!

Although it does look like we are going to have to go back to the drawing board with loading… Because having spent the last 2mo loading like a dream, he decided he was going to revert to the absolutely not mentality today and take over 30mins to load 3 different times. Not sure I’d have got him on at all by myself (which 99% of the time I am!). will try loading him in the week (although will be in the dark..) and Saturday and see where we’re at…

03E1D720-F4F9-4BB4-BD36-DAF7EC21002F.jpeg7CC6043E-1E9F-46B4-8677-0E2C7CBFBF90.jpeg

oldie48

Visit site
Great lesson again this morning on Mr D. He's feeling quite bright ATM but I now know him well enough to enjoy the extra energy, just have to stop him curling up a bit. We focused on canter as I was feeling quite well again, half 10m circle back to long side and counter canter round the short side, gradually increasing the amount of counter canter. so much easier on the left rein than the right but still got some quality work and it improved the quality of the trot too. It was really good fun, then off to equi pilates which is really helping me to strengthen my core as I also was managing the canter/walk trans much better.