Weekend plans, the sun is out!

oldie48

Visit site
Rose and I have a quiet weekend. We did a pole work session this morning in the lovely sunshine, tomorrow we re hacking and Sunday I might take her round the block then do a bit of schooling.
Good luck to everyone who is competing and enjoy this lovely weather, it's brilliant to have Rose out in the sunshine, naked with some nice new gras to eat. She looks very well and very happy.

JFTDWS

Visit site
Not a bad start to the weekend here. Got to love a Captain Carrot day :D

55897278_987816988094014_1713455873931608064_o.jpg

55776407_987816908094022_4283336043526094848_o.jpg

rosiesowner

Visit site
Yesterday was a day off and bath for Chills. Today instead of going out to dressage we stayed at home to support our yards competition and did a clear round. Our first jumping comp since 2016! I was a bit nervous and unsure which seems silly when you think the fences were tiny and we used to jump far far bigger with absolutely no problems but there we go! Tonight I'm taking my mum to see Panic! At The Disco. Third time for me but only her first so she's very very excited. Tomorrow Chilli and I will probably just be out plodding in the afternoon to recover!

Hope everyone has/is having fun!
56157898_1182180221941623_7694566612388544512_o.jpg

56164131_1182180225274956_7986069916828565504_o.jpg

ihatework

Visit site
A very solid first event of the season at a lovely sunny Goring.
2 jolly mistakes (a yee ha into canter and a naughty final halt) plus a genuine mistake in a canter-trot-canter movement (we have been practicing changes at home 😂) had the dressage on 29, so very promising as the general way of going was good and would be 26ish without the whoopsies.

SJ he has really improved, much stronger and more together, looked convincing all the way round until he tipped a rail in the double to finish, doh!

Then very good Xc, just eased off the gas at the end a bit too much.

Just missed the ribbons but very pleased overall. Looking ready to step up to Novice

Northern

Visit site
The weather is finally freezing, it has snowed now as well. Considering it was around 27C a week ago... :p

Quiet weekend, just getting lovely L out and about a bit.

LUN.JPG

I am ignoring my TB for a week, see if she feels better after. She is certainly having a great time hooning around her paddock, bucks and all. Looks completely sound of course!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
The giant is a force of nature IHW, sounds like you've got an exciting year ahead - it seems like only a few months ago you were introducing a big gangly oversized Welsh x youngster.

Lovely views northern, my supposedly injured idiot mare has also spent turnout time today behaving like the field is a racetrack and leaping around like a lamb on speed :rolleyes:. Was going to give her a bit more time off but might get on her tomorrow now after those antics

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'm really tempted to try some cattle work with my mare, too :p There's a couple of clinics here this summer which look tempting...

But the next exciting thing for us is archery - I've got her booked in for some in a couple of weeks :eek: :D Best try not to shoot her by mistake!

Mule

Visit site
I'm really tempted to try some cattle work with my mare, too :p There's a couple of clinics here this summer which look tempting...

But the next exciting thing for us is archery - I've got her booked in for some in a couple of weeks :eek::D Best try not to shoot her by mistake!
I have a terrible aim. I would definitely end up shooting the beast!

Sprat

Visit site
Pleased to report a stonking win for today on 68.46%, Beans PB! The weather was beautiful, the scores were up quickly and we had cake so can’t complain at all. I’m musing over testing out a novice soon.

Tried to upload pictures but apparently they are too big?!

McFluff

Visit site

But the next exciting thing for us is archery - I've got her booked in for some in a couple of weeks :eek::D Best try not to shoot her by mistake!

The archery is fun. I’m waiting for the day when my, rather too clever, mare realised that she is basically a loaded weapon and decides to settle a few scores with her field mates!

Chippers1

Visit site
Great lesson today, some tips for getting him looking at the jumps off corners properly to hopefully reduce the refusals (typically none today!) And remembering to re balance his canter if hes getting too forward bound which will stop the poles hopefully. Will pop up some pics when I've had a look through them!

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I love your big ginger JFTD, great colour and a lovely face. I want vids of the cattle work!

Hope everyone else has had a great weekend. This is a shameless I love my horse post as we had an amazing time at the course hire today. The aim was to jump a course of 70-80cm and I am full of cold so wasnt feeling all that up for it. Well, horse was feeling fab and my sister was camera person and fence adjuster so we did this:

IMG-20190331-WA0032.jpgIMG-20190331-WA0018.jpgIMG-20190331-WA0028.jpg

Lots and lots still to work on, but I was scared about 50cm's 6 months ago and the green rails were 1.05m.

Good day. Now i am going to sleep for a week. :)