****Weekend Plans****

tinap

Visit site
Taking daughter & old faithful to a charity show on sunday to do bareback showing, accumulator & puissance. Daughter is super excited as she hasn't done a puissance in a while! Just need to find some coloured hairspray now to graffiti the pony as its a rainbow themed show :D

Ferdinase514

Visit site
For the first time in ages we are actually going somewhere this weekend. It's going to be our last competition of the year I suspect as my work is going to be full on with no days off from next week until Christmas (grrr). So Nickel and I are going to Milton College for BD on Saturday, wooop woop.
Got our times today and much to my relief we don't have the 4 hour wait between tests that we had last time unaffil there, just an hour plus a later start. I've given up on the qualifiers for this year since I can't go out enough. We are doing P15 and N22, which I am glad I checked as I thought we were doing N23! I've never done N22 before and was a bit surprised at the two free walks on a long rein (which is great as that is one of Nickel's strong movements, although the trot on the long rein is best!). Although am a bit :confused: about the tiny bits of counter canter. As I have been really bad and was doing lots of work on changes with him so I am going to have to concentrate and really ride him so he doesn't just flick one in!
I was looking at the qualification rules for BD and I think we'll try to qualify for the Prelim next year and/or concentrate on getting our Festival sheets, then when we are ready to do Elementary qualifiers (thinking very long term here) as the margins are a bit more obtainable. Nickel doesn't know any of that and was more concerned this morning with the hunt that came past. I have promised him a run with the drag hounds next spring before we get back to being dressage divas

That all sounds loads of fun (partic the drag hunting :eek: )

N22 is a wierd one - rides nicely though. Good luck!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Hurrah I can finally take part in this thread!
Saturday I am taking the young'un to dressage- walk and trot and a prelim
Sunday I am taking him for his first ever proper attempt at show jumping!
Given that he jumped some coloured planks on the floor like this, i think it could be interesting!
5aug29Laura5.jpg

Have fun all!

You need to photoshop a big fence in to this pic!!

Good luck :) He's looking ver smart and grown up :)

rara007

Visit site
Saturday- Off to Wix for the first indoor driving of the season with little 11hh Capi :) His first outing since March as he's been off with a sarcoid :)
Sunday- Picking up our new driving pony! (17hh horse :p ) and his shiney new carriage and harness :D Calvin is now ride and drive :cool:

Last edited:

Lou_Lou123

Visit site
I'm taking Wally to his second dressage comp (the first one was 2 weeks ago) after his year long holiday! He was very well behaved a fortnight ago but he is getting fitter and fresher everyday so fingers crossed he keeps it up! Also having a lesson on Friday evening, and somewhere in the middle trying to fix the fencing so that the houdini of a pony I'm looking after might actually stay in the right field instead of wandering around the yard and trying to get into my kitchen! Tried to post photo but can't manage to work out how

Good luck to everyone competing!

Gingerbird

Visit site
Off for our 1st foray into indoor XC at Addington on Saturday, although he hasn't been ridden since Sunday, with work and weather against us, so not the best prep! Oh well it's worth a crack, it's only little. I just hope I enjoy it instead of being the usual bag of nerves *sigh*

Deefa

Visit site
Friday - Off to Quorn's opening meet! Side saddle!! First time hunting aside so very excited/nervous lol

Sat and sun, just having a lazy weekend, will hack the ponies out and prob do some shopping - exciting lol

Worried1

Visit site
Good luck team Fitz!

Oldencraig tomorrow Arthur is chasing elementary qualification (worried he'll have a breakdown at the flags, ducks, swans.. so if you're around could be entertaining! :eek:)
Blitz I think is qualified for AM but BD is sooooo poop um not taking any chances and because he's an ejit! He is going out too!

Mr W doing a clinic locally Saturday, Sunday I have hacking dates! This despite CP behaving like a total tit the last time ;)

shadowboy

Visit site
Sunday another unaff dressage with the short hairy one at allens hill fingers crossed for no more rain as their walm up can get sooo deep when wet!

Sportyspots

Visit site
F514 I hate to say it but it's lovely back here in Suffolk. Although I really should keep my trap shut since its due to freeze tomorrow night when I'm on nights again which involves some working outside, at heights, in the middle of the river next to the sea , brrrr!

Sunday got BRC Area Eventer Trial qualifier for 2013 which is a bit weird as only did the 2012 qualifier a few months ago.

debsflo

Visit site
Sat, fencing winter paddock and laying stable mats in shelter in anticipation of bad weather
Sun ,taking daughter to x country, first with new horse where they are doing pairs and Senior novice. Think i will be wearing thermals and taking a flask of hot chocolate judging the forecast

Molasses

Visit site
Off to Addington and also haven't ridden since the weekend due to weather and darkness (glad i'm not the only one now:p)

lucemoose

Visit site
It's Friday morning here in NZ and there's a school SJ comp today, and on Sat/Sun there's " proper " show jumping at the yard so I do believe on Sunday I am assisting the coursebuilders and may have a ring to build myself. I'd like to sneak some riding in and see what little miss makes of it all too. She's had her hind shoes off so I'm hunting for keratex and Kevin Bacon and hoping she will eat her new boring hoof friendly diet too.

JackJill

Visit site
Course building for novice fun show on Saturday and taking Spook for a school back there on Sunday. Good luck to all competing and hope everyone has a good weekend.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I see Snuffolk has snow forecast *snigger*

Snow?!!! Light rain tomorrow is what I have seen. I am just off to wash my white floofy monster for tomorrow, I've not clipped for the first time in over 10 years as I saw little point given that we are not going to be riding much once the clocks change so tomorrow I shall be doing BD on a very hairy, probably sweaty, overheight Connie. We are going for the sympathy vote.