Weekend Plans

DirectorFury

Visit site
Both looking fab JB!

Yard move went well, she walked off the box cool as anything and went straight into the haynet in her (massive and lovely) stable :). Made friends with the horse next door and then had a roll after about 15 minutes. I've never known her so chilled!

Then I decided to get on with it and go for a hack this afternoon. We managed to go for an hour and a half and didn't touch a road or see any traffic :D. This amazing view is about a 20 minute ride away (and direct access to the beach in the photo):
13332731_10154229746426882_889656788061789341_n.jpg

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Honest isn't the word I'd use rach! He's a fab jumper but can be a bit tricky and as my confidence is very low, we've had our issues.

Newlands

Visit site
Good luck everyone competing.

Vam I'm glad you posted about Felbridge as I've no plans whatsoever and was going to look for some clear round stuff. Had a fab lesson on G the other day, first time I've jumped him for a couple of months and he was super, so would like to try a low-key clear round somewhere.

Me too! I might go along also! Good luck and may see you there!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Oh wow JB - you are a lot braver than I am! Lovely pictures. And DF, I am very envious of your hacking, I hope you continue to settle and really enjoy your new place.

Well, our dressage was certainly better this time than last. We even managed a placing. Nothing amazing, but 5th and several of the people above us were pro riders on young horses. So I am very happy with the little bay pony.

13248621_703990749739955_1908286916780128331_o.jpg

More pictures here if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/CassieCamCo/posts/703998333072530?qsefr=1

:) x

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Wow DF that view is amazeballs! Feeling rather jealous :)
Rather frustrating day on Saturday - I knew Mike's dressage wasn't going to be great, we've been struggling with his bitting and only settled on a bit the night before, and he'd spent each schooling session this week doing his best yak/pig headed mule impression - he really doesn't like working in the arena, so a 45 for our score was definitely fair as we sort of did the right things in the right places but with very little elegance although we did manage an 8 for our halt :eek:
The SJ I had reasonable hopes that he could manage a clear at 80 having schooled round over a metre the week before but he went really green on me, bogged off out the side door at one fence then jumped the first part of the double almost sideways trying to duck out again so had that down :mad: I'd been trying to keep him forwards as it stops him putting in chicken strides but obviously it gives him a bit more scope to monkey about so I will have to work on getting him totally between hand and leg and not allowing him to get backward and sneak the short one in.
XC which I had hoped for a good round again due to him being so good recently he just took ages to settle, ducked out at a reasonably straightforward fence 4 where he could see the lorry park and earned himself a slap, then jumped the trakehner from not quite a standstill when I growled at him (I know before anyone says - not good but it was a gittish attempt at stopping again because of the proximity of home and he wasn't going to win).
After that he started to go more smoothly and jumped the rest well but on two occasions I had to yell to get people out of the way - once when turning out of the water there were about 6 people spread over the track in front having a chat :eek: then when coming through a gap in the hedge someone was walking bang in the middle of it back towards me but not looking where she was going!
So we completed but on my worst score at an ODE ever.... back to the drawing board I think, and definitely some dressage lessons in his future!

star

Visit site
I was there watching today! Looked good fun, hope you had a good run!

Hmmm, naughty orange horse took a dislike to the duck followed by swamp at fence 11 and nipped out! I also had to seriously ride for my life to get over the hanging log into the 2nd water (aka swamp) and the half coffin on a pretty decent slope - as proved by Badminton he does not like coffins on slopes! It was a tough XC! Expect nothing less at Borde Hill though. Shame as he had a 28 dressage and a rar clear SJ and would have been 4th as was inside time XC even with a stop.

Pie's mum

Visit site
Pie and I went to Bicton yesterday. We watched people jump some massive fences then shuffled off to the unaffiliated ring for the club classes. He really didn't like the ground - hard yet slippy - but he certainly wasn't the only one as somehow we managed to come second in both the 70cm and the 80cm! What a good boy!

Bernster

Visit site
We did a bit of this. All went well until he did the most almighty leap into the water (or just next to it, as we were working our way to getting him to jump down into the actual water), and I came a cropper. Pinged off and landed in the soggy side of course. And with an audience of dog walkers to boot.

image_10.png

nikicb

www.facebook.com
FW - good to see you back on board. x

We did a bit of this. All went well until he did the most almighty leap into the water (or just next to it, as we were working our way to getting him to jump down into the actual water), and I came a cropper. Pinged off and landed in the soggy side of course. And with an audience of dog walkers to boot.

image_10.png

He looks like he's loving it, and you too! I am somewhat disappointed not to see an action shot of your dunking! Hope you are ok and only your pride has been dented. :) x

Bernster

Visit site
FW - good to see you back on board. x

He looks like he's loving it, and you too! I am somewhat disappointed not to see an action shot of your dunking! Hope you are ok and only your pride has been dented. :) x

Am v glad she didn't video it although I reckon it would be a peach of a shot, with me about 6 feet up in the air! Fortunately it was a good fall, if there is such a thing, soggy, sandy and a bit squelchy but totally fine and got back on and carried on for a few more. He's still quite careful the first time he goes over, and likes to have a good old look at what's on the landing side, but he's getting more confident each time we go out. Steps down into water have been the only issue so far, so may book a return outing complete with wellies, lunge line and stunt rider.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Am v glad she didn't video it although I reckon it would be a peach of a shot, with me about 6 feet up in the air! Fortunately it was a good fall, if there is such a thing, soggy, sandy and a bit squelchy but totally fine and got back on and carried on for a few more. He's still quite careful the first time he goes over, and likes to have a good old look at what's on the landing side, but he's getting more confident each time we go out. Steps down into water have been the only issue so far, so may book a return outing complete with wellies, lunge line and stunt rider.

Who needs the rider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svhlXhyO3Nk

Bernster

Visit site
Boo, can't acces it. Is it one of those fab free schooling xc vids? That's my plan haha although a teeny bit less graceful, and with my instructor doing it, not me as my skills are sadly lacking !

vam

Visit site
Well, I did go to the clear round. She was green, I was rusty but it was a good outing over all once I get over beating myself up for making mistakes. Got pics and vids so may do a little report later.