Weekend plans

ihatework

Visit site
Our 5yo had his second win in a row, Dauntsey then today at Broadway so very pleased with him.
End of season now ��

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Congrats to all competing this weekend :) successful non-competitive weekend here, new 4yo went lovely in her first lesson, impressing my trainer with her attitude, then hacked her out for the first time today and she was fab :D lorries and flappy things not an issue, happily trotted out in front down the main road, just went a little green when we parted from our company for the last 100m but just boggled a bit :)
Put the brave pants on after my lesson, and leant over the unpacked 3yo before getting on and doing a couple of lead rein laps of the school - fingers crossed she continues in the same way as her education progresses.

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
I'm glad everyone had a successful and enjoyable weekend one way or another!

My first experience of a proper show was...interesting. I was only there to present rosettes and a trophy to the Standardbred classes but my friend who retired his racehorse 3 weeks ago took him along. He was third in the Novice In-hand (which was his first ever time in the ring), then went on to win the Standardbred In-hand class. He returned for the Championship where he went up against the Ridden winner & second placed horses and beat them as well to take the Standardbred Showing Championship. We were delighted.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for the fact my friend and his horse were there, I'd have gotten VERY bored. I just don't think showing is my cup of tea unfortunately. Although, I went racing yesterday (just as a spectator) and didn't enjoy that much either and I'm a pretty hardcore harness racing fan...

On the plus side I got to see my 'other' two year old who has been sent away to be broken. She seems to be getting on well with the people who are looking after her, although her mother's temper has started to come out at last after two and a half years of lying dormant!

star

Visit site
wow, fantastic, how did it go?

Erm, so somehow we got 61.18% and a point at PSG! I am gobsmacked! Life dream come true thanks to my awesome little horse. We missed a couple of changes and stuck in the left canter piri but overall it wasn't a bad first go and we can definitely improve on it. One sheet towards next year's area festivals too. So lucky to have my boy! Oh and he won the Advanced Medium bronze and was 2nd overall in that class too so a fab day! Now sunning myself in Lanzarote while he enjoys a week off. 26degrees here at 10pm. Nice!

LeannePip

Visit site
Erm, so somehow we got 61.18% and a point at PSG! I am gobsmacked! Life dream come true thanks to my awesome little horse. We missed a couple of changes and stuck in the left canter piri but overall it wasn't a bad first go and we can definitely improve on it. One sheet towards next year's area festivals too. So lucky to have my boy! Oh and he won the Advanced Medium bronze and was 2nd overall in that class too so a fab day! Now sunning myself in Lanzarote while he enjoys a week off. 26degrees here at 10pm. Nice!

Thats amazing, you deserve just as much credit for your progress! I remember your reports when he went lame and then the straight line hacking you had to do, and then to go onto this in a relatively short space of time is just incredible! All whilst still eventing and going to Badminton each year - i think you both deserve a huge pat on the back!

star

Visit site
Thats amazing, you deserve just as much credit for your progress! I remember your reports when he went lame and then the straight line hacking you had to do, and then to go onto this in a relatively short space of time is just incredible! All whilst still eventing and going to Badminton each year - i think you both deserve a huge pat on the back!

Thank you! He is a superstar. We have worked hard together but to get from Novice to PSG in 3yrs has been amazing! Long may it last! He's not flash but he just tries so hard!

rachk89

Visit site

Well done! Told you you wouldnt embarrass yourself! :D