Weekend Plans?

Northern

Visit site
Update :) - Had a great ride this morning, it rained(!) overnight with huge lightning storms and is currently 17 degrees Celsius. Bliss!

rachk89

Visit site
Got my lesson and it went really well. He had the attention span of a gnat today so we focused on his straightness as every second he was looking at something outside of the arena. Not spooking he just wasn't paying attention. By the end we had him really focused and going lovely and my position was a big improvement too.

LeannePip

Visit site
Cuddling my youngster Nova mainly :)

Oh, i saw this on Facebook - Congratulations!

Hack tomorrow then a clinic on Sunday, haven't jumped for a few weeks so could be "interesting", especially as we're still having bitting issues due to her teeny tiny mouth :(

My mare has a tiny mouth too and I'e found the Myler comfort snaffles to work really well with that set-up.

I had the saddler out yesterday, the only saddle he was happy with was G's old dressage saddle, so that's what I'll be riding in for now. However the little monster only went and bucked me off in the school! I can't blame him, I've spent the last 2 weeks filling him with food and not riding, then take him in the school for the first time, on a very sharp day. Today I'll give him a lunge, then tomorrow G goes to his new home so I'll be able to crack on and get N back into work.

Sorry to hear you had a fall, definitely something in the air yesterday, 3 horses on our yard went nuts whilst being ridden!

We had a good day dressaging, it was absolutely baltic, but we survived!

Very consistent with 71.6% and 71.5% in Nov 24 and Nov 38; 2nd and 3rd respectively! Super chuffed, she was really rideable, with just a couple of little wobbles but she's still very new to this level! We even won 4pound in prize money!

1-Crofton-Ring%20Two-170212_zpsgq37drno.jpg

2-Crofton-Ring%20One-170212_zpskernfjkk.jpg

3-Crofton-Ring%20One-170212_zpsbeny2to6.jpg

Thats enough dancing for us for now, RC SJ Team Qualifiers next week :D

rara007

Visit site
Keysoe Valentines show on Thursday, going up Wednesday and making it our first away show. Does that count as this weekend! Doing a Novice flat class, Amateur RI qualifier and training WH :)

Wimbles

Visit site
A couple of the girls from my horseball team came and took Lloyd and Tiger to a showjumping clear round on Friday.

Tiger looked after his nervous jockey that's only just started jumping again after 4 years and they did a couple of lovely steady clear rounds.

Lloyd was doing his first complete course and he was a bit shell shocked and sticky but in the end he jumped round lovely.

Yesterday we took Lloyd to do Arena Eventing, his very first competitive round ever! She had entered the 80cm which was built very up to height and I did worry for her safety as we walked the course.

The course was really twisty so I knew it would be a real challenge too as he's pretty nappy at times and the steering can fail!

He warmed up really well but the expression on his face when he went into the ring was one of disbelief! He cantered round towards the first and was looking anywhere other than the fence and just glanced straight past it! She got his attention after that and he popped over it well and carried round the showjumps like a pro (I was both proud and amazed!). He set out over the XC section and flew straight over the scary trakehner log (which stopped a lot of much more experienced combinations), over the water and came bounding down the steps, in fact he bounded down with a little bit too much omph and the steering failed and he went straight past the next brush. Represented and he popped it fine and did the rest.

I'm just so, so pleased with the horse and his top jockey. Everyone is really keen to go again and it makes me so excited for when I can get back on.

I'm so lucky to have these fabulous horses!

Lanky Loll

Visit site
Oh, i saw this on Facebook - Congratulations!

My mare has a tiny mouth too and I'e found the Myler comfort snaffles to work really well with that set-up.

Sorry to hear you had a fall, definitely something in the air yesterday, 3 horses on our yard went nuts whilst being ridden!

We had a good day dressaging, it was absolutely baltic, but we survived!

Very consistent with 71.6% and 71.5% in Nov 24 and Nov 38; 2nd and 3rd respectively! Super chuffed, she was really rideable, with just a couple of little wobbles but she's still very new to this level! We even won 4pound in prize money!

Thats enough dancing for us for now, RC SJ Team Qualifiers next week :D

She's looking very smart :)

I need to check the size on the myler we have as I think it's too big but worth a go - following the lesson I definitely need a fixed cheek rather than a loose ring :)

She went well if a little opinionated, I'd warned the trainer that repetition was where we tend to fall apart, and sure enough each time we'd done an exercise she thought she knew best the next time. But she did jump her first fillers - didn't even look at them :D and did her first related distance with the correct number of strides in it - even if they were all in different directions :eek: she's such a little trier. We just need to work on me keeping my hands down as she has a high head carriage and short neck, so when she comes back at me I shorten my reins - hands and head go higher, whereas I need to trust her more and lengthen the rein so that her head comes down. Which is easier said than done when she's going rather quicker than I'd like to a fence!

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Well done to everyone who got out and about - LeannePip sounds like you had a fab time!

I went to see Ace, generally pleased with how things are progressing. A few little niggles but she's due to come home in 4 weeks to begin building up her fast work so we can iron them out then, mainly behavioural things that I think have stemmed from her being allowed to get away with them.

Fitted the GoPro to the top of her bridle, haven't had a chance to edit together but some alright footage considering the high winds. Will probably work on putting a short video together this week if I get time. Also took some photos, so here they are!