Weekend plans

Michen

Visit site
Starting this thread at 4am thanks to a rude early alarm from the cat!

Meant to be hunting sat with Bear but weather looks awful so may not bother if it is. He hasn’t been for a couple of weeks so hopefully he will remember all he has learned so far!

Just hacking for Bog whose now 99.9% sound after steroids and tildren which I’m pleased with. Not so pleased with the fact he’s absolutely bonkers at the moment.

Have a good weekend all.

Sheep

Visit site
Glad Bog is doing so well!
We are out for garden eventing, not sure if this is a local phenomenon or otherwise, basically a mix of SJ and portable type xc fences on a surface. OH taking the reins this time (his horse after all...) so I will set up a bit of a course tonight at the yard to practice. Horse is much more confident when he has jumped a few days beforehand.
My Sunday will involve trying to cover 26.2 miles for the “virtual” London marathon... I am not marathon fit so will break it up into smaller distances. I have 24hrs to do it so in theory should be OK. Weather is rubbish here too, can’t wait to be out in the rain all day ?

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
My new horse is on hand walking for his rehab after lami, so I will be hand walking! If the wether is nice I will also pop on his back for a stroll round the arena, doing 6 weeks at walk... 2 weeks in so far.

Good luck with the 'gardening' and wow, 26 miles o_O

I would say go hunting. Seize the moment! If I had one who was fit, I would. You never know the future.

Michen

Visit site
My new horse is on hand walking for his rehab after lami, so I will be hand walking! If the wether is nice I will also pop on his back for a stroll round the arena, doing 6 weeks at walk... 2 weeks in so far.

Good luck with the 'gardening' and wow, 26 miles o_O

I would say go hunting. Seize the moment! If I had one who was fit, I would. You never know the future.
Ah lovely. Not too long to go before trot work then!

Its more just that there’s lots of standing around at this time of year and I don’t want him (as a youngun new to hunting) to get cold, wet and fidgety. Could always go and bail if he’s miserable.

J&S

Visit site
Taking the big old horse to a Trec competition locally. Very low key, just hoping that the weather is not too horrendous. The obstacles and MA are in a big barn that usually hold motor cycle events so a bit different to normal!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
Glad Bog is doing well Michen. Weather is awful and all the horses have gone into "fresh" mode. I will be riding on Saturday after 3 days off following his Lordships hock injections so I'll just have to get wet. Must buy some waterproof jods...
Garden eventing sounds interesting Sheep, running a marathon less so (to me) but hope it goes well for you.
Hope the in hand walking goes ok and you get to have a sit on him Red.
Spanish potato ?! Love that ???

j1ffy

Visit site
Good luck with the marathon Sheep!!

We have a test riding clinic on Saturday although the weather looks awful and it's outdoors. However it's only two miles down the road so can nip down in the lorry, ride and home again. It will be another useful way of getting Danny out and he's pretty good in bad weather. It's the judge I'll feel sorry for!

Roxylola

Visit site
You'll get round sheep, when I did mine I just knew I had to complete so when I got tired I walked a while about 4 miles and finished at a jog. Your garden eventing sounds very much like our arena eventing, which is my plan for winter.
Quiet for us, dressage lesson Saturday afternoon is all. Could have done the arena eventing on sunday, but I've got car issues so not been to ride at all this week, and I'm very conscious that supercob is a cob and 3 weekends of jumping in a row seems like a lot of concussion imo when we've got 3 clinics coming up quite close together soon

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Wow Sheep, good luck with the marathon!

No horsey plans for me this weekend as we are taking the dog to the Cotswolds for a long weekend break. Weather looks absolutely dire so packing lots of layers and waterproofs. Still, my first day of annual leave since February and I can't wait!

Will miss pony and cat though. Cat came in bleeding from a scratch to the neck last night so I'll be obsessively worrying about that whilst we are away. When will he learn to stop scrapping?!

Sail_away

Visit site
Glad to hear that Boggle's doing well, and good luck for your marathon sheep!
Busy weekend for me! It's my 18th birthday tomorrow and my mum (accidentally) spilled the beans - I'm going to Talland for a schoolmaster lesson, very very excited. Then working as usual Saturday and my B test pony club training on Sunday. And then I'm out with my one for our first comp since march on Wednesday (yay!). It's the spooky scary indoor venue so he'll have to be brave. Have so missed competing him, he really is the easiest horse to take out - loads like a dream, travels quietly and is cool as a cucumber in the warmup.

Sprat

Visit site
Absolutely bugger all :( Bean is off games with an unknown lameness. No heat or swelling, but a definite head nod at trot. Vets coming at lunchtime today to asses / nerve block if needed.

Gutted as she has been going so blumming well, and her fitness was really coming on, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Have a fab weekend all that are out and about, please post lesson / comp / day out reports so I can live vicariously through you all.

J_sarahd

Visit site
On Saturday, I’m moving in with my boyfriend so no riding or seeing Badger for me. Then, on Sunday, I’ve entered my first 75cm on Badger. We’ve previously only done 50-65cm competitions. Height isn’t a problem (I school him 80-85cm at home, sometimes up to 90cm and he has scope to go higher and I’ve competed up at 90cm WH with my old pony) it’s just getting his confidence. I’m anxious about making a prat of myself and being eliminated at the first fence!!

dorsetladette

Visit site
I plan on riding both days. If livery is still there, I'll make the most of it and hack. If she is gone (fingers crossed) I will school in the paddock so B2 (seperation anxiety) isn't left alone until he leaves in a couple of weeks. don't want to risk him hurting himself just before he's due to go.

Have a good one everyone. Try and avoid the showers :)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Katie has a National SJ Champs qualifier for NSEA on Sunday. Though whether Champs will ever happen is anyone's guess. I'm continuing to plug away at Operation Learn to Ride. Dressage lesson on Toby tomorrow. And school master lessons next week at Ingestre.

Sheep

Visit site
Thanks everyone! I’ve done a few before but have usually been a bit more committed to the training. I’ve prioritised riding over running this year ? the last few years I hadn’t been riding nearly as much, as our other 2 horses are retired.

Great ride this evening. I don’t jump often (even less so since my jump instructor went quiet on me lol) but put the brave pants on and built a nice course of jumps around 90ish in preparation for this weekend. Tried to make them a bit spooky too ? and horse felt FAB. Best jumping I’ve ever done on him. So positive, keen and confident. Tackled everything I asked of him happily. I was so happy I could have cried ?

GinaGeo

Visit site
Some good weekends by the sound of it!

I’ve booked to go out on Hound Exercise with the Bloodhound pack on Sunday. My new tweed habit is getting its first airing - we’re going for our first day Side Saddle . There’s going to be hedges. I need to find my hip flask!

racebuddy

Visit site
Absolutely bugger all :( Bean is off games with an unknown lameness. No heat or swelling, but a definite head nod at trot. Vets coming at lunchtime today to asses / nerve block if needed.

Gutted as she has been going so blumming well, and her fitness was really coming on, hopefully it's nothing too serious.

Have a fab weekend all that are out and about, please post lesson / comp / day out reports so I can live vicariously through you all.

reallyhope ur horse has done nothing serious , keep us uipdated

racebuddy

Visit site
having a weekend off schooling and hacking , had busy few weeks juming and treadmilling , had lovely week away last week took horse and dog , first time off since lockdown started , full if a viral infection ear infection now so feeling pretty rough thank god its friday , finished work at 11 pm and uo at 5 to get horse done and worked before work at 8am , hope everyone has a lovely weekend

Roxylola

Visit site
My lesson is swapped to sunday due to weather too. I've been off all week due to an electrical gremlin in my car, and I'm not likely to get chance to ride Saturday so we might be doing some bouncing ?

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I think I can sneak this into this weeks rather than last weeks just about!

Went to Kelsall yesterday to ride over the BE course (massive kudos to all those who competed, it was a horrible twisty course
1f648.png
). Started badly, finished flying over the 90 fences (even that mahoosive hedge!).

It was such a positive session overall, she started off as she has been doing recently, sticky and saying what's the point (she 'might' have got me to test out the first fence solo
1f602.png
1f648.png
). But after some discussion on speed + control, plus the addition of another horse as a lead (this did raise the napping issue again but we used it to our advantage in this case), she got the message and actually started enjoying herself and pulling me to fences again
1f973.png
1f64c_1f3fb.png

Ended with her being somewhat cocky of the 90 drop (it was massive, the 80 was bad enough!), the 90 house/ ditch combo (Skylla doesn't fear ditches at all apparently, and 'may' have legged it at it causing this face >
1f62c.png
luckily she did just pop it without a moments hesitation) and the 90 hedge + blue thing, it was such a nice feeling to have her so confident and thinking it was all super easy!

She's such a funny sausage, as soon as she's onboard she is 100% onboard, she will be such an amazing mare once she has a few more miles under her belt! Just need to develop the middle canter as she finds it hard to make the canter bigger without it going flat and running, so that's our winter training sorted lol!

Soggy after picture!
120609187_1424130844439438_4767280518307656197_n.jpg

Dyllymoo

Visit site
Sounds like everyone has nice weekends planned. Glad Bog is feeling better Michen. HP that sounds awesome well done.

Jobs tomorrow (food shopping etc.) and then fence judging all day at a hunter trial Sunday. Was a good idea when I volunteered me and OH a month or so ago (when it was sunny!). Still, at least we get to spend some time together away from the mother!

:)

Reacher

Visit site
Happy Birthday @Lillian_paddington !
@Sprat i hope it is just a minor tweak.

Had jumping lesson on Tuesday- for ages I was told off for looking down / tipping forwards especially in canter where my shoulders rock backwards and forwards i’m now getting told off for leaning back ? .

Not much planned here, hopefully a flatwork lesson (indoors as weather looks grim!).
Have a good weekend everyone

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I am taking the 5yo to her first hunter trial. She has been chucked in the deep end and gone xc schooling for the first time recently with an additional top up and she has picked it up pretty quickly so chucked her in the 80cm as decided I am more likely to get a better photo on a 17hh horse than at 70cm. I jest slightly, but its actually part of my reasoning. I am hoping she will get over the first fence and go with the flow but we will see. She is very green and a bit spooky but she has plenty of ability so as long as moving forwards in trot or canter I am not going to worry too much and just try and stay out of her way. I am optimistic I won't get bucked off in the warm up as usually the most terrifying bit and I am hoping the precious little diva copes with mud as never experienced it......