weekend plans

nikkimariet

Visit site
another sodding neuro horse
as he'd still been improving I had put my concerns to one side but was just noticing a few more weird things when he was on his own time and thought i had better bite the bullet. So to speak. Chief companion at the moment, might have to review that if we have no turnout in the winter :confused:

So sorry MP :(

Curly_Feather

Visit site
I really think we need a "Weekly Plans" thread, because my lessons are never on weekends :p

We are back in full work, it is a blast. Flying change purgatory continues. Today my jumping instructor had us attempting the change out of something closer to a medium canter, and we got one clean one both ways! (Although I have to say, this was after about 10 bad ones, late in front.)

I don't have video of the changes, but here we are going through the gymnastic grid.

Roxylola

Visit site
Ooh nice sheep ?
Bernster, I hope you get sorted with your yard issues quickly, never good being unhappy in what should be a happy place.
Clips are looking good, I'm a little bitter though about the folk who are sighing over having to do the first clip "already" I did my third since august 10 days ago ?

We schooled last night (as in actually went in the arena and did stuff) we can shoulder in both ways, renvers both ways but only travers in one direction apparently - which leads to a lot of kr going yes yes I know it's hard but it's just the same if you can do that you can do this.

Supercob is resolute that it is not the same at all and highly suspicious activity. So we played a bit with walk piris to see if that would help at all. It did a bit but they need to get better too so...

Walk canter is improving, canter walk not so much - its difficult to know how much is our small soggy arena though and how much is actually schooling. Equally it wasnt great out hacking but then I've no corners to help balance and collect. It is improving slowly in general though

Chippers1

Visit site
I took Buzz into one of the crop fields (we're still allowed in the at the moment), dropped my reins and did various trot - canter, back to trot, walk to canter, canter to walk, and halting just using my voice and seat. Feeling very pleased as he was a proper pony club kick type when I got him and don't really have anyone I can be smug about it to apart from here :D so just sharing how pleased I was!
Shame I can't do it all the time/in company ha ha

Pippity

Visit site
Squeezing into this weekend's thread with a brief lesson report. I think I may have finally found the right instructor for Blue and me! She was able to explain the why as well as the what, she's got experience with arthritic cobs, we made real progress in the lesson, and Blue loved her at first sight. Added bonus - she's half the price of most people I've tried. We've got another lesson next week, so hopefully we'll carry on seeing improvements. (Admittedly, our version of an improvement is 'being able to trot around a corner' so we don't have particularly high standards.)

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
Our pics from the weekend.

First test was a write of as usual - second she was utterly lovely but one of those days where the judge doesn't agree (never scores well under that judge). 3rd in section out of 10 I think.

CAT-0114x-copy.jpg

CAT-0243x-copy.jpg