Weeping eyes

Marnie

Visit site
So my little companion pony has had weeping eyes for the last 2 days - both eyes. I first noticed it yesterday but didn't think much of it and just cleaned them. They are dirty again today and I am not sure if they are actually infected or just irritated - any thoughts? Any ideas on the best way to treat or do they need a vet? It has been pretty windy and wet here the last few days.Ellie 1.jpgEllie 2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Lurfy

Visit site
Mine will get weepy eyes in high winds, but a fly mask usually stops that. I also had one with a blocked tear duct that was flushed by the vet and fixed it straight away.
Your pony looks like he might have an infection as the discharge is not clear, perhaps conjunctivitis. Is he light sensitive?

Last edited:

be positive

Visit site
That looks like a slight infection or irritation, there is no sign of conjunctivitis and as it is both it is unlikely to be an injury, possibly caused by the wind, I tend to use cold black tea to wash twice a day for a day or two, my vet recommends this, pop a little vaseline under to stop the gunk sticking, use a fly mask and get the vet if it doesn't improve within a couple of days or gets worse in the meantime.