Weeping....

_OC_

Visit site
.....eyes!
My cob has for the last couple of weeks come in with very weepy eyes,any ideas as to why and how is the best way to help him......I can only conclude that the field which he is in,is very poor grazing and buttercups every where(Not ideal I know!)he is turned out with a TB and it does not appear to effect him........just concerned as to why and if anyone else has had this problem...have considered putting his mask on in a hope it might help...have never had this problem in the 4 years of owning him!
confused.gif

Thankies for reading.
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
My sister’s old WB had this, we wasn’t sure if it was the butter cups or flies, or both, but we put a fly mask on and it completely stopped. So I would give that a go first and see from there.

Ziggy_

Visit site
About half the horses at my yard had this last spring - we never did work out what was causing it. We bunged fly masks on and I think they did the trick.

cellie

Visit site
My tb started with weepy eyes and it turned into eye infection.Blasted flies.I used golden eye ointment and optrex eye wash and he was ok after couple of days.I made sure I washed his fly mask regulary as well .

Puddock

Visit site
My loan horse seems to get this quite often, also been recommended goldeneye ointment - think you have to ask at the pharmacy's counter for it, but remember not to mention that it's not for human use as they won't sell it to you!