WEG show jumping thread

Templebar

Visit site
So pleased the horses dont look too bad today, i was expecting more to withdraw or fail this morning and faults this afternoon.
Have to say i agree with commentators not keen on that pink jacket of the finnish rider.

vallin

Visit site
So pleased the horses dont look too bad today, i was expecting more to withdraw or fail this morning and faults this afternoon.
Have to say i agree with commentators not keen on that pink jacket of the finnish rider.

I think it's a case of to finish yesterday they had to be super fit so are likely to be quicker to cover too if that makes sense

Templebar

Visit site
I think it's a case of to finish yesterday they had to be super fit so are likely to be quicker to cover too if that makes sense

Yes i understand that, but it was said at Badminton that horses finished tired and they had bad SJ rounds too and a failing the trot up, whereas here they have been ok and travelled the 1 and a half hours to the venue (though i wonder if that helped freshen them perhaps travelling and new venue). I expected the higher up horses to look fit but thought some of these with worse scores might look tired. Though there have only been 5 clears and horses are flattening a little.

Kadastorm

Visit site
Am back! Had a disastrous morning out competing, at least I can watch someone do it right now.

Ahh there's always another day 😊 not sure how many you will see do it right until later, lots and lots of poles going so far! Xx

vallin

Visit site
Yes i understand that, but it was said at Badminton that horses finished tired and they had bad SJ rounds too and a failing the trot up, whereas here they have been ok and travelled the 1 and a half hours to the venue (though i wonder if that helped freshen them perhaps travelling and new venue). I expected the higher up horses to look fit but thought some of these with worse scores might look tired. Though there have only been 5 clears and horses are flattening a little.

It's interesting isn't it, because I agree, at badminton there were defo tired horses for the SJing, where as here, yes some are flattening and maybe not at the peak but all look well. Though I also think at badminton there were a lot that didn't pull up, that should have, where as yesterday i didn't notice anyone finish that I thought should have pulled up...

Templebar

Visit site
It's interesting isn't it, because I agree, at badminton there were defo tired horses for the SJing, where as here, yes some are flattening and maybe not at the peak but all look well. Though I also think at badminton there were a lot that didn't pull up, that should have, where as yesterday i didn't notice anyone finish that I thought should have pulled up...

Yes which seems odd when you would think people would have pushed perhaps a little harder for the championship compared to Badminton. But then i have read a few rider comments and time was not considered so all actually rode in a good time and didn't push their horses. Whereas at Badminton perhaps it was not just competing for that but also for places to get here so riding on own instructions pushed harder.

Also i suppose that being early in the season horses were perhaps not as fit but here they are definitely at their peak as they have prepared all summer at top events.

Edited to say, i love this french rider, blowing kisses on the xc yesterday. Bet they are gutted he is not in the team.

Last edited:

only_me

Visit site
There have been far worse rounds than the Irish!! Give us some credit, everyone has off days. Joseph jumped clear and aoife only had the one down!
Camilla and Sam jumped fantastic rounds xc yesterday!