WEG so far.....

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
Yes YAY for the Red Button, Yay for Laura and Alf and Yay for our second Silver in 2 days.

Cannot believe Totilas will be sold to America. :( well I would imagine his winning streak may end now.

CalllyH

Visit site
why on earth have they sold him? they were only saying a while ago theres still some room for improvement with him? presume hes going for breeding more than riding?

JenHunt

Visit site
It'll certainly be very interesting to see if he continues doing so well with another rider or not!

imagine how much he'd have sold for .... !

will also be interesting to see how often we see EG's name in lights... don't get me wrong, I think he's a nice quiet rider but one does wonder how much the horse has brought him into the limelight.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
I wander in Stefan is getting him, clearly the USA wanted to guarantee Gold at the Olympics :p or am I just being harsh. Poor Edward, will he ever ride a horse like that again.

CalllyH

Visit site
Does edward not own him then? so he didnt get a say in the matter?

I think they are just a fab partnership - the americans will never recreate what they had no matter how much money they pay plus would you even want to try? be embarrasing if you fail

Faithkat

Visit site
will also be interesting to see how often we see EG's name in lights... don't get me wrong, I think he's a nice quiet rider but one does wonder how much the horse has brought him into the limelight.

To be fair to EG, he has always been a pretty useful rider. Remember him and Lingh? They started to beat Anky when he was one of her pupils!

Edited to say that I saw on another forum that it is rumoured that Totilas has been sold for £22 million. Seems a bit excessive but you never know and who in their right mind would refuse that kind of money . . . . .

zefragile

Visit site
He was in the limelight well before he had the ride on Totilas. I think we'll see his name in lights for a long time to come, it sounds like he has some really exciting horses.

Totilas has not been sold, according to what I just read.

Bay_Beasty

Visit site
To be fair to EG, he has always been a pretty useful rider. Remember him and Lingh? They started to beat Anky when he was one of her pupils!

Edited to say that I saw on another forum that it is rumoured that Totilas has been sold for £22 million. Seems a bit excessive but you never know and who in their right mind would refuse that kind of money . . . . .

My Dad asked me last night how much these kind of horses were worth. My quote was a little less than that. I really hope he still competes, but I guess we wont see him of much. I dont follow Show Jumping much (eventings more my thing :D) but I remember Ben Mayer had a FANTASTIC jumping mare that got sold the America, and I never hear about her now.

Last edited:

sally87

Visit site
Totilas has been sold for £22 million.

he'll be playing for chelsea next!

i dont really know much about dressage but i was amazed last night. never really watched top level dressage like that before- wow. i had heard of totilas before (obviously) but couldnt have told you the name of his rider before last night.