WEG

Bestdogdash

Visit site
I see Pippa Funnell has had to pull out of the team - so sorry for her, hope nothing too serious, must be gutted, poor girl.

I wonder who the replacement will be ? My vote would be for Piggy French / Jakata (maybe Westwood Mariner following weekend 3* win)?

Lolo

Visit site
Harry Meade replaced Izzy Taylor.

I'd assume the replacement for Pippa would be Gemma Tattersall, as she was the named reserve when the team was published.

Nicnac

Visit site
Harry Meade replaced Izzy Taylor.

I'd assume the replacement for Pippa would be Gemma Tattersall, as she was the named reserve when the team was published.

Think you're confusing nations cup with WEG Lolo ;-)

Harry replaced Izzy in Aachen but no reserves were published for WEG afaik - lots of people were upset that Harry and Gemma weren't chosen though.

Harry tweeted that he was a WEG reserve but no confirmation as far as I can see..... YB states replacements will be announced in coming weeks so all a bit cloak and dagger. Can understand after the Germans romped home with Aachen in fine style. Our team is now looking weaker by the day.

Gutting for Pippa especially after 2012 disappointment :-(

Last edited:

vic07

Visit site
There doesn't seem to have been an announcement that Harry is going to weg - or not that I can
find?!?!

rising_promise

Visit site
Harry and Gemma are reserves for WEG but due to Izzy's Allercombe Ellie going wrong and Orlando's fab performance in Aachen, I would think they'll just give him the nod meaning the one remaining place (at the moment) of replacing Pippa will go to Harry or Gemma.

No word on Twitter yet which is great for all the up to date news.

Arctic Soul has just has a good result in the Advanced at Aston and is due to run at Gatcombe in the 3*. Wild Lone did his customary double clear at Aachen but the dressage wasn't all that. Difficult decision.

Bestdogdash

Visit site
Oh, I had forgotten about reserves, although I thought. Harry and Gemma were reserve for Aachen. Izzy must be a shoo in with Orlando's performance. Harry / Zara both disappointing at Aachen. Nothing on BE yet.

hcm88

Visit site
Such a shame, they would have been such good campaigners. No doubt their time will come though, Rio 2016?

IMO Harry is unlikely to be on the WEG team, dressage has never been good enough sadly and we need scores that will contend with the Germans, whereas Izzy has proved that Orlando is capable of that and I really hope they get a place to replace Allercombe Ellie. As for Pippa's place I'm not sure, possibly Easy Target/Jakata/Arctic Soul.

DuckToller

Visit site
Surely Frances Whittington should be a top choice? He was in the lead after Badminton, with a fantastic dressage score. He was clear xc too until he pulled up, which was a brave decision at the time and shouldn't be held against him as the strong wind/heavy ground are unlikely to be repeated at WEG in the height of summer.

hcm88

Visit site
Surely Frances Whittington should be a top choice? He was in the lead after Badminton, with a fantastic dressage score. He was clear xc too until he pulled up, which was a brave decision at the time and shouldn't be held against him as the strong wind/heavy ground are unlikely to be repeated at WEG in the height of summer.

Yep agreed, 2nd at Barbury and the potential in the dressage to contend with the Germans, he's got to be up there. Will be interesting to see how Gatcombe goes as both Easy Target and Arctic Soul are in the 3*. Maybe selectors are waiting until after this weekend to decide?